Bedding Release agent

Nathan here does a very nice bedding kit along with his how too videos. Which are great even if you don’t use his kit.
Last I checked, we couldn't get his products in the US. I would like to have his plasticine and particularly his fore end stiffening lightweight compound.
 
Whatever (fill in brand) of paste wax works. I’ve had and hauled around for numerous moves, a partial tin of Johnson’s for at least 40 years.

IMG_2481.jpeg
IMG_2482.jpeg
 
I worked at a place that did glass fibre reinforced plastic moulded parts for our machines in house. We had an old guy that did the casting and laying up of the fibre. It is a polyurethane resin. He would lay down several layers of Cobra wax- simple paraffin wax for floors. He would let each layer dry and then add another. After 3 or 4 layers, he would use a commercial latex based release agent and then apply 3 more layers of wax. I have done 3 rifles. I just used 5 layers of wax over the normal gun oil. Biggest worry is if the epoxy gets into a hole or join and creates a mechanical lock. Epoxy peels off oiled and waxed steel quite easily but an epoxy pin or bolt is going to lock it in.
 
I worked at a place that did glass fibre reinforced plastic moulded parts for our machines in house. We had an old guy that did the casting and laying up of the fibre. It is a polyurethane resin. He would lay down several layers of Cobra wax- simple paraffin wax for floors. He would let each layer dry and then add another. After 3 or 4 layers, he would use a commercial latex based release agent and then apply 3 more layers of wax. I have done 3 rifles. I just used 5 layers of wax over the normal gun oil. Biggest worry is if the epoxy gets into a hole or join and creates a mechanical lock. Epoxy peels off oiled and waxed steel quite easily but an epoxy pin or bolt is going to lock it in.
When I was working at a gun store I saw a timber stock that a customer had "bedded " himself as he didn’t want to pay us to do it, with a kit he bought from us, he didn’t apply the wax properly and didn’t block holes in the receiver, and didn’t rough or key the wood, then hammered it to get it unstuck, broke bedding out and chipped the wood quite badly, he expected us to replace the wood stock and rebed it for him for free as his stupidity was obviously our fault, I left him with the manager and went back to work, I believe he wasn’t happy with the outcome
Gumpy
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,282
Messages
1,571,660
Members
169,392
Latest member
ShanelZ418
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top