BARNES SPITZER SP - How old are these bullets????

EDD

AH veteran
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
108
Reaction score
57
Location
Brakpan
Media
57
Member of
SAGA
Good day all.
I was given these Barnes 300gr SP and have no info on it at all. Wondered if any of you guys have seen it in the past & if so how old are they? Any recommendation for loads? All it says on the box is: BARNES SPITZER SP 300gr

IMG00474-20121102-1356.jpgIMG00473-20121102-1355.jpg
 
If I remember correctly..they are late 80's mfg. I remember loading these in the 80's early 90's. Just my uneducated guess.
 
Dammmmmm.... If thats the case I should probably put them up in the display case!? :wow:
I going to load them anyway just to see how they print.... Do you think they will still be fine for hunting? Sorry for the stupid question...
 
Not a stupid question at all...sure they would be great to load and shoot. Powder can go bad but bullets don't. Load them up and shoot them for they perform very well on non dangerous game.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,332
Messages
1,573,229
Members
169,724
Latest member
MarcellaFr
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top