Avatar Change

Franco

AH fanatic
Joined
Sep 6, 2023
Messages
727
Reaction score
2,770
Location
East Texas
Media
49
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
DSC, SCI
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia
I just changed my avatar, but it looks like I may need to select a different photo. I am trying to use a photo of my Cape Buffalo Trophy.
Some of you may be familiar with it, as it has been on display at both DSC and the DSC Foundation Gala. It currently resides at DSC. We donated the trophy several years ago when the house for which it was intended was leased - to a couple vegans. In retrospect, I should have left the trophy in the middle of the living room.

A bit of history on this trophy. In 2018 I decided I was going to hunt Africa (this is a story unto itself) and went to Tanzania. The hunt was not only successful - over 30 trophies in 18 days, 4 of those were Cape Buffalo - BIG Cape Buffalo - 40", 42", 45" 48".

Charlotte, of The Wildlife Gallery, convinced my wife and I they should be mounted. My wife designed the trophy and worked with the staff at WG to produce what you see.

I'll try to get a picture with more light. I am open to suggestions and help
 
A larger quality image will be of better service. Unique mounts
 
A larger quality image will be of better service. Unique mounts
Thanks, I'll see if I can get some local help. I do have pictures taken of it at DSC - better lighting
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,299
Members
169,520
Latest member
VerlaButle
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top