Australian Border Force

Sjakon

AH veteran
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
191
Reaction score
531
Location
Indonesia and Australia
Media
52
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Member of
Life Member Sporting Shooters Association of Australia and Life Member NRA
Hunted
Indonesia, Australia, Africa
Here is some information from Australia Border Force which may be useful for hunters temporarily taking rifles from Australia. I am going through the process and there is a new Restricted Goods Permit (RGP) form DC07. Also they asked me to fill in a B957 Export Declaration form. I hope this helps hunters from Australia traveling with their hunting rifles. Not sure about the Export Declaration Form.

Other documents: Firearms license, Firearm registration, Drivers license, Passport, Invitation to go hunting.

Below is information on where to send the documents 1 month ahead of travel:

Send documents to the ABF office of your state:

In the event that you are completing a Restricted Goods Permit, you will need to submit your application to one of the following email addresses.

ACT - act.op.command@abf.gov.au
NSW - mandexnsw@abf.gov.au
NT - ntclientservices@abf.gov.au
QLD - mandexqld@abf.gov.au
SA - cargoclearancesa@abf.gov.au
TAS - acs.launceston@abf.gov.au (South) OR abf.hobart@abf.gov.au (North)
VIC - clientservicestullamarine@abf.gov.au
WA - shopfrontchap@abf.gov.au

Please note, applications are processed approximately one week prior to your departure date - unless indicated differently - to allow maximum validity for your Export Permit.
 

Attachments

Good information.

The DEC07 RGP is not new, you've needed both that and a EDN for as long as I can recall.

The other thing first timers will need to do is to register for a client number with the integrated cargo system. This can be done well in advance and only needs to be done once. ;)
 
Good information.

The DEC07 RGP is not new, you've needed both that and a EDN for as long as I can recall.

The other thing first timers will need to do is to register for a client number with the integrated cargo system. This can be done well in advance and only needs to be done once. ;)

Thanks Tim for the valuable information. I just sent the form to ABF Vic to register for a client number.
 
Good information.

The DEC07 RGP is not new, you've needed both that and a EDN for as long as I can recall.

The other thing first timers will need to do is to register for a client number with the integrated cargo system. This can be done well in advance and only needs to be done once. ;)
How do you apply for a client no
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,438
Messages
1,576,269
Members
170,537
Latest member
ShaunteMad
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top