Atlantic Salmon Flies

Luvthunt

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Probabely not the place for this posting but there are those in the”cast and blast” category and these are working pieces with real jungle cock and altho most are hair wing some are build wing.
There are Blue Charms, Cosseboms, Rusty Rats, Green Highlanders, Black Doses, Silver Doctors, Black Bear Green Butts, Black Bear Orange Butts, Muddler Minnows and more.
All are tied to pattern and the box is a Wheatley swing leaf.
More than a hundred of first class Atlantic flies. They will take Stealhead too.
Tied on Hardy hooks.
$125 shipped

IMG_0292.jpeg
IMG_0293.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, I would have bet that there would be some Atlantic Salmon fishermen on this forum.

Reactions: WAB
Love seeing the artistry of hand tied flies, streamers, etc. Atlantic salmon flies are a very specialized subject...like bongo in the jungle. Very cool.

Wheatley swing leaf box.
Rabbit hole-I used to raise grey jungle fowl and still have several necks for my own use. They were noisy and could be difficult to propagate but were fascinating to raise-
Knowing the intricacies of those flies makes them true treasures and pieces of art!
image.jpg

Thank you all for the comments. They were my reserve box and it was years ago I ended my Atlantic Salmon quest.. The Scottish and Irish tiers were the true masters (many women) but I never won any prizes unless you count the fish I caught and released. My first trip was to Nova Scotia in 1953 on the Saint Mary’s River .Hooked played and released a 19+ female on the second day. I was hooked forever.

1953 I was still sucking the teet, probably less than a year old. Wish I could have one of your flies ... and a hundred of your stories.

Great deal. The Wheatley box was worth easily half of what you were asking. The Miramichi or Cascapedia is calling! Go swing wet flies and catch the leaper!

Great deal. The Wheatley box was worth easily half of what you were asking. The Miramichi or Cascapedia is calling! Go swing wet flies and catch the leaper!
Rookhawk
I was hoping you would comment. VERY good buy if you can pick up a Wheatley swing leaf in excellent condition $60 . But I tied them to be in the water not in storage. Glad to see someone will be getting my ties wet. If you think the box was a good buy check out the price of those flies I mentioned.
But in all good conscience they were many years ago so costs were less and Herters did a great job for tiers back then. Most of my Jungle cock over the years came from there. Occasionally found a good neck in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick.
Enough.

1953 I was still sucking the teet, probably less than a year old. Wish I could have one of your flies ... and a hundred of your stories.
Ont H.
Respect your nourishment comment but I was well past that as I had just finished a tour of duty in the USMC with time in Korea during the Korean War. My brother decided we needed to find space so off we went.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottlinks

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt