Apple Air tags

They saved my butt coming back from Saudi Arabia thru Amsterdam. I flew into Baltimore - my luggage was not there. I drove home., Called the airline the next day. They said they had no idea where my luggage was. My Apple Airtag said it was at JFK in New York. I sent the pic to them (you could even see the building they were in). The airline found them and put them on the next plane to Baltimore.
 
i used four of them to RSA last Aug. Nice to see where your belongings are, especially the rifle!
 
They saved my butt coming back from Saudi Arabia thru Amsterdam. I flew into Baltimore - my luggage was not there. I drove home., Called the airline the next day. They said they had no idea where my luggage was. My Apple Airtag said it was at JFK in New York. I sent the pic to them (you could even see the building they were in). The airline found them and put them on the next plane to Baltimore.
Two years ago returning my gun case was "lost" at Pearson in Toronto. The supervisor was able to go to it in "lost baggage" dept and pick it up. Why did it get sent there hours before my connecting flight home? The tags were all still on it.
 
Two years ago returning my gun case was "lost" at Pearson in Toronto. The supervisor was able to go to it in "lost baggage" dept and pick it up. Why did it get sent there hours before my connecting flight home? The tags were all still on it.
Was it AirCanada? Outfitters in Canada tell me they are anti-gun and like to mess with hunters and firearms owners.
 
Was it AirCanada? Outfitters in Canada tell me they are anti-gun and like to mess with hunters and firearms owners.
Yes. But I don't fault the airline specifically. Our govt essentially threw the doors open for foreign "student visas" and I was flying at the end of August. The East Indian "students" flooded the airport. Unbelievable. By the tens of thousands. Mountains of missed luggage was stacked up between the carousels. Total confusion. No one can explain to me how East Indian students from U of Toronto can be running a Wawa, Ontario truck stop or Cochraine grocery store. Helluva commute to class! The govt just shut down that under the table immigration corridor and several universities are already crying they will go bankrupt. Boo-hoo! About time they got back to the business of education instead of human trafficking. Hopefully, this summer travel through Pearson will be less of a madhouse.
 
I found this one that works with Apple, android and GPS. But it requires a subscription. Works anywhere with a cell phone needing to be close to the device.

Might be the best for very remote locations.

 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 8.51.51 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 8.51.51 AM.png
    1,015 KB · Views: 184
Should have read “ does not need a cell phone near it to work”
 
I found this one that works with Apple, android and GPS. But it requires a subscription. Works anywhere with a cell phone needing to be close to the device.

Might be the best for very remote locations.

Yes, they are good outside, but as far as I know wont work inside an airport, or probably a plane for that matter. Need a GPS signal.
 
Just put an Apple AirTag in my briefcase. Heading on a business trip this week. While I don’t plan to ever be without my briefcase, you never know what could happen.

We used them last summer on our safari to Africa and they worked great! I always knew where my rifle case and luggage was at.
 
If you want to know why everyone should have AirTags or the android equivalent, you should read my post from earlier this morning. This happened to me yesterday.

Here is the thread title. “Here is why everyone should have AirTags in all their baggage…”​

 
So is the consensus to buy and use the Apple air tag
 
What have you found when using Apple Air tags. Or Tile brand trackers.

Do they broadcast thru plastic rifle cases. Are there other concerns or findings you can share.

Are they worth the time and cost
They work and cost little,
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,456
Members
169,359
Latest member
PatRoseby9
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top