Anyone use Peregrine BushMaster Bullets?

Ryan

AH elite
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,909
Reaction score
4,082
Location
Anchorage, Alaska
Media
156
Articles
2
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
1
Member of
Black Sheep Bowmen Archery Club.
Hunted
Namibia and South Africa
While Barnes have worked very well for me in the past few years I happen to notice a Peregrine bullet ad and then see them in a sporting goods store in Namibia recently.
The BushMasters all copper flat metplat expansion tip intrigues me.
So out of curiousity has anyone used them in in an average caliber like my 30-06 or a heavier one such as my 375 Ruger.
 
No personal use, so I apologise for replying seeing as that what you asked for,but I know a few guys that use them and they absolutely love them. Never heard anyone complain about them. They look like serious quality.
 
Any reports are useful.
Thanks
 
I have developed a load for them (140gr) in my 6.5x55 which is very accurate - so far only killed paper with them but hopefully will draw blood in the next month or so and will report back.
 
I have developed a load for them (140gr) in my 6.5x55 which is very accurate - so far only killed paper with them but hopefully will draw blood in the next month or so and will report back.
I look forward to reading your results. My go-to rifle is a 30-06 with 168 grain Barnes TTSX, but I'm thinking of gaining either a 7mm-08 or possibly a 6.5 mm. So it'll be interesting to see how yours works out.
 
This past weekend a friend of mine shot a Impala for table meat using a 150gr VRG3 in .308 at a distance of 80m, as can be seen in the pics, the bruising was quite extensive. I will not recomend them if you would like little bruising when shooting for the pot (bullet struck a rib on entrance) - but if you need penetration and you are more interested in the trophy, I guess different story.
20160628_102311.jpg
20160624_225326.jpg
 
Looks like secondary 'shrapnel' from the bone shattering. The bullet probably zipped through in one piece.
Always a risk with high impact velocities, irrespective of bullet type.
 
It did its job, that's for sure. I agree with Desperatezulu that this would probably have ocurred with any bullet. My last kudu had similar results at about the same range with a Barnes TTSX hitting a rib while the black wildebeest and springbok I took had far less bruising with the same bullet but internal organ destruction was just as noticeable. It seems to have expanded properly and still held together for full penetration. For a smaller caliber like a 7 or 6.5mm that would be a performance booster over regular cup and core bullets.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,250
Messages
1,570,759
Members
169,152
Latest member
annukana
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top