Anyone have a spare Mauser 3 Position Safety?

rookhawk

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Joined
Mar 4, 2015
Messages
10,437
Reaction score
30,970
Location
Wisconsin, behind the cheddar curtain
Media
153
Articles
4
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
I'm out of stock and need another 3 position safety. Before I call parkwest, I was checking here to see if anyone has one sitting around. Dakota, Gentry, EAW, Rechnagel, etc.
 
Parkwest has them up on eBay blued for $229. In the white twenty dollars less.

I also see two Chapman style conversions shroud and safety for sale at $100. Wisner also sells them. They are two-position with side lever similar to Model 70 style, just no position two. Frankly, I never use position two on my Czech Mauser with Parkwest safety. I'm used to loading and unloading my Springfield with 2-position wing safety. Pretty much forget I have position two on the Mauser and I'm certainly not carrying it that way in the field with bolt unlocked. I look on position two as a "nice feature" but by no means essential. The location of the safety lever on the side is more essential. I wonder how many soldiers went to heaven struggling with disengagement of the military 3-position flag safeties on Mauser and Springfield rifles. Enfield got it right. Forget about position two and put the safety where it's handy.
 
Last edited:
Parkwest has them up on eBay blued for $229. In the white twenty dollars less.

I also see two Chapman style conversions shroud and safety for sale at $100. Wisner also sells them. They are two-position with side lever similar to Model 70 style, just no position two. Frankly, I never use position two on my Czech Mauser with Parkwest safety. I'm used to loading and unloading my Springfield with 2-position wing safety. Pretty much forget I have position two on the Mauser and I'm certainly not carrying it that way in the field with bolt unlocked. I look on position two as a "nice feature" but by no means essential. The location of the safety lever on the side is more essential. I wonder how many soldiers went to heaven struggling with disengagement of the military 3-position flag safeties on Mauser and Springfield rifles. Enfield got it right. Forget about position two and put the safety where it's handy.
Jim makes the best parts. I was there last week and he has a batch.
 
Rookhawk,
I think I have a couple of Wisner safeties laying around, plus a Satterlee. I could lend you one, but you'd need to replace it. I'm not wanting to sell any of these.
Kurt
 
I was at the Wisner shop earlier today.

In fact the safeties that are almost done are 3 position M70 units for the ENFIELD 14/17

He said he is out of the M98 safeties, and the next batch will be finished after the first of the year
He showed me 200 + blocks of steel that will be machined into the M98 units
 
My bad I was confused I thought it was the other way around and the next batch was enfields. Sorry if I caused any confusion.
 
Wisner usually has some of his two-position 98 Mauser striker safety kits already mounted on flag safety bolt shrouds. I have see him selling them on eBay. As I said, these have a similar lever in same position as Model 70 style, just no position two which I find essentially nonessential anyway.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,573,151
Members
169,710
Latest member
Cpirillo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top