Anyone else practicing with .22 trainers?

I looked at those scopes Bob - they look interesting.

The transition from heavy to thin on the post on my scope on the 452 happens to be bang on at 150 m with CCI Standard.
 
That was during intense rabbit season.
The Z6 was borrowed from another rifle to be more usefull during dusk and dawn
IMG-20180507-WA0001.jpg
 
@Shako Badhan
I have a BRUNO No2 that I have just fitted a new scope to that I intend to practice with. I should be a real hoot.
The scope is a HAWKE Vantage 3 to 9x40 sub sonic rimfire scope for subsonic 22lr at 1050fps.This scope has multiple hash marks graduated to 200 yards. You sight it in to be spot on at 50 yards on 9 power. The hash marks are the marked 75,100, 125, 150 and 200 yards.
It should prove interesting shooting 200 yard gongs with it. Learning to judge the wind will be a learning curve.
What I like about it is its cheap to feed. 50 rounds of 22lr subs is less than 5 handmade Whelen ammo. So a lot more fun for less dollars.
If you want to know what the scope is like there's a good video on you tube about it. The hawke scopes come suited for 22 subsonic, 22lr, 22mag and 17 HMR. The video on the 22 mag shows a person shooting gongs at 200 and 300 yards.
Bob
Yep, there are guys that take 22lr long range shooting very, very seriously. Some of them have more money tied up in a rimfire rifle that most of us will spend on a Dangerous Game rifle.
 
I looked at those scopes Bob - they look interesting.

The transition from heavy to thin on the post on my scope on the 452 happens to be bang on at 150 m with CCI Standard.
@Tintin
The Hawke reticle is easy to use and also has red and green illumination for low light.
Bob
Screenshot_20231221-191941_Chrome.jpg

The hawke reticle for 22 subsonic
 
Instead of going with the .22LR, I went with a Savage Axis in .223. My reasoning was I had a boatload of 5.56 and .223 ammo and I wanted a longer bolt throw similar to my other centerfire rifles.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,377
Messages
1,574,533
Members
170,056
Latest member
LuzBurgin3
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top