Any Recent DFW Trophy Self-Clearing Insights?

txsouthpaw

AH senior member
Joined
Jan 30, 2013
Messages
53
Reaction score
67
Media
6
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
DSC
Hunted
Zimbabwe x5, Zambia, Alaska, British Columbia, Argentina, Romania
I have some red stag bleached skulls/antlers shipping from Romania into DFW soon. I’ve used Coppersmith several times for CITIES animals. They do a great job but I would prefer to clear and pick them up myself if at all possible. Is there any recent experience in clearing trophies at DFW without a broker?
 
Following.

I'm in a debate with myself for clearing a shipment from RSA that is nearing completion.
 
Call FWS, call CBP, tell them what you're doing and get as much information as you can. Get a good contact at each location there are good people and bad people who work in these organizations. Get someone who is willing to help you. Research what is required and know the law inside and out. I've cleared 7 shippments from Africa since 2018. I've had good experiences and bad experiences, I've encounterd agents at CBP who were corrupt. I've never used a broker and have been told by a corrupt agent at CBP I was required by law to use one...long story but I got my trophies. I think some things have been streamlined since I last cleared in 2024.
 
I would not use DFW as your first point of entry. You will be for sticker shock from the USDA charges. Use IAH.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,418
Members
169,355
Latest member
congasosi1980
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top