Any AH members in Wisconsin??

Get back here @tarbe !

Wisconsin is still the friendliest State in America! I was gone for 30 years, but everything is about the same as when I left it in the "plus" column. In the minus column, its a really weak work ethic up here so any new resident with a marketable trade mops up business very quickly if they are willing to work hard.

First six months back in WI, my hires:

-Hired a plumber x2, fired both for no-shows and fixed it myself
-Hired a forester, he's 70% done and hasn't returned in 6 weeks
-Food plot farmers, fired first guy for non-performance for a month, second guy is at non-performance for a month and I'm getting out the axe soon

But at least its a nice place with friendly people and awesome game!
Have you fired the mosquitoes yet?

Deer flies?

LOL

I wanted to buy our retirement land in Wisconsin...wife grew up near Gilman with an outhouse....so she said MO was as far north as she'd go.

Woman has a good memory for what it's like to get stuck to a Biffy seat in January!

LOL. That would be me. I'm from the top end, near the big pond.

Live in a metropolis of roughly 300 towns people.
Sounds about like Saxon.

Very close! I'm between Iron Belt and infamous Hurley.
Hurley? That's the lady who is always taking pics in a bikini, right? :ROFLMAO:

Have you fired the mosquitoes yet?

Deer flies?

LOL

I wanted to buy our retirement land in Wisconsin...wife grew up near Gilman with an outhouse....so she said MO was as far north as she'd go.

Woman has a good memory for what it's like to get stuck to a Biffy seat in January!

Shockingly light on skeeters and deer flies in Western WI. Those pests are the infamous nuisance of the northwoods, particular as you get near the UP.

The only bugs of any sort around here are the delight of the fly fisherman, giving you a tip on what the hatch might be. (mayflies mostly)

Ye, we got all the mosquitos in the UP, used to help keep the tourists out but it isn’t working at that anymore, we keep a piece of blue insulation cut out for the outhouse makes it much more pleasant in the winter.

I don’t live in Wisconsin but working in Plover off and on for the next month.

I also left for a number of years but came back for a reason. Very reasonable cost of living, great place to raise kids, good hunting and fishing. The cold weather keeps the number of crazies to a minimum!

Anyone attending DSC this year? I fly in Thursday morning and will stay until Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to the show and meeting some new people in the process!

I think you’ll find A LOT of members here will be attending DSC… expect to see a variety of DSC threads to start popping up by mid November…

We’ll be hosting a DSC party at the Mdwest house on Thursday night again this year… I suspect 40-50 AH members will attend (similar to last year)…

Anyone attending DSC this year? I fly in Thursday morning and will stay until Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to the show and meeting some new people in the process!

I will be there all four days. Come see us at John Sharp's booth....always next to the Rigby tent up in the Firearm area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you