Another Piece Of Safari Room Furniture - Huge Antique Humidor

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Considering the last humidor lasted 9 mins on this site, I figured I'd post the other one that I have no room for at the new house. Apologies for the messy pictures, it's in my sons' downstairs apartment kitchen.

You're probably thinking about how you'd get it. My commitment, I'll pack it in a $100 of wool felt moving blankets and I'll saran wrap over the outside. Your job will be to get on Uship or another LTL bid site and get someone to ship it to for you. I'll meet the shipper here, they drive it to you. Last time I did that, it cost a few hundred bucks for a piece of furniture and only a bit more than that for a UTV.

The humidor was acquired by me about ten years ago. The prior owner stated it came originally off a 19th century steamship on the Mississippi river somewhere near Dubuque, Iowa or Galena, IL. The style is very much "campaign furniture" which makes sense since that style was common in nautical applications and on safaris. The humidor is very tall and quite substantial, made of what I believe is Mahogany but could be a type of Teak as well. The glass was definitely upgraded at some point to a very heavy multi-pane design to provide a better seal. The mortise locks were removed, but the original brass knobs are still present. It can be used as a humidor, or as a safari display case as well. It has removable fabric inserts in it presently to be used for displaying curios. I can get you actual dimensions if required, but I'd roughly say its 50"+ Tall, 18" deep, and 48" wide. Weight is probably around 100lbs.

$900 and you pay the shipping, I do the packing and help the carrier load it, just like the other Humidor.

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0271.JPG

IMG_0272.JPG

IMG_0273.JPG

I tripped over this thing again today. Lets reduce it to $650 and see if we can get it moved on to someone else's safari room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hattie05G

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.