Another Canadian Newby

Jagermister

New member
Joined
Aug 5, 2013
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
Go ahead and laugh now, get it out of your system! I've hunted Canada since I was old enough to hold up my own .22 - Moose, deer, elk, bears, antelope, caribou, sheep, goats, upland and wetland birds

I went on my first African Safaris last year.. should have heeded some good advice given to me before I left.

The Most dangerous hunt in Africa is the first one, cause after that you will never stop thinking about the next time you get to go!

Buddy and I hunted Okondura, in Namibia last year and we had a great time! Fantastic people, great food and way too much fun hunting! We shot Kudu, Gemsbok, Warthogs, Mountain Zebra, Hartebeest, and we went to the ocean for a day and caught a 125 Kilo Bronze Whaler shark!

Plan to use Africa Hunting to plan a water buffalo hunt in 2014!

I've learned a lot already from reading the different forums - thanks!
 
Welcome to AH, you are addicted bad....you have come to the right hunting forum!
 
gday jagermister
welcome and enjoy the site
the bronzie was a decent fish by the sounds of its weight
where do you plan to hunt a water buff next year?
sounds like like taken atleast one of everything your own country has to hunt mate
 
Welcome to AH! Were in Canada do you live? I was born in Matheson Ontario myself. Your going to love it here.
 
Welcome to AH Jagermister! Please feel free to post a hunting report and lots of pics of the animals taken. Enjoy the site.
 
Welcome to AH Jagermister!
 
Welcome to AH. By the look of your list there it sounds like you are a fellow Albertan?
 
Welcome to another fellow Canadian, good luck on planning the water buffalo hunt!
 
Welcome to AH. By the look of your list there it sounds like you are a fellow Albertan?

Never know.., might have been guided. :)
That list of species would suggest someone from out west.


Welcome to the Canadian cadre here on AH.

It is dangerous to go to Africa and hunt a first time.
 
Lol! Yes I'm fellow Albertan - And I know what a diamond hitch is - just not very good at tying them! I'm up in Saint Albert where is home for you?
 
Warm welcome from Wainwright, enjoy the forum.
 
Thanks, I actually got drawn for camp Wainwright deer in December.
Any advice?
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Welcome from another Albertan
 
Welcome from one that is close enough to spit in AB.. lol
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Thanks, I actually got drawn for camp Wainwright deer in December.
Any advice?

Lucky you, I never had the chance to hunt there but I'm familiar with the base. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
 
Lol! Yes I'm fellow Albertan - And I know what a diamond hitch is - just not very good at tying them! I'm up in Saint Albert where is home for you?

Its just 3 twists and a couple loops, no sweat! I'm in Edson.
 
Thanks, I actually got drawn for camp Wainwright deer in December.
Any advice?

I have a priority of 9 and have still never hunted there, one of these years...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,313
Messages
1,572,588
Members
169,590
Latest member
JosephGrefe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top