Another Canadian Newby

Jagermister

Reaction score
Go ahead and laugh now, get it out of your system! I've hunted Canada since I was old enough to hold up my own .22 - Moose, deer, elk, bears, antelope, caribou, sheep, goats, upland and wetland birds

I went on my first African Safaris last year.. should have heeded some good advice given to me before I left.

The Most dangerous hunt in Africa is the first one, cause after that you will never stop thinking about the next time you get to go!

Buddy and I hunted Okondura, in Namibia last year and we had a great time! Fantastic people, great food and way too much fun hunting! We shot Kudu, Gemsbok, Warthogs, Mountain Zebra, Hartebeest, and we went to the ocean for a day and caught a 125 Kilo Bronze Whaler shark!

Plan to use Africa Hunting to plan a water buffalo hunt in 2014!

I've learned a lot already from reading the different forums - thanks!

Welcome to AH, you are addicted bad....you have come to the right hunting forum!

gday jagermister
welcome and enjoy the site
the bronzie was a decent fish by the sounds of its weight
where do you plan to hunt a water buff next year?
sounds like like taken atleast one of everything your own country has to hunt mate

Welcome to AH! Were in Canada do you live? I was born in Matheson Ontario myself. Your going to love it here.

Welcome to AH Jagermister! Please feel free to post a hunting report and lots of pics of the animals taken. Enjoy the site.

Welcome to AH Jagermister!

Welcome to AH. By the look of your list there it sounds like you are a fellow Albertan?

Welcome to another fellow Canadian, good luck on planning the water buffalo hunt!

Welcome to AH. By the look of your list there it sounds like you are a fellow Albertan?

Never know.., might have been guided. :)
That list of species would suggest someone from out west.

Welcome to the Canadian cadre here on AH.

It is dangerous to go to Africa and hunt a first time.

Lol! Yes I'm fellow Albertan - And I know what a diamond hitch is - just not very good at tying them! I'm up in Saint Albert where is home for you?

Warm welcome from Wainwright, enjoy the forum.

Thanks, I actually got drawn for camp Wainwright deer in December.
Any advice?

Welcome to AH !

Welcome from another Albertan

Welcome from one that is close enough to spit in AB.. lol

Welcome to AH!

Any advice?

Lucky you, I never had the chance to hunt there but I'm familiar with the base. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Lol! Yes I'm fellow Albertan - And I know what a diamond hitch is - just not very good at tying them! I'm up in Saint Albert where is home for you?

Its just 3 twists and a couple loops, no sweat! I'm in Edson.

Any advice?

I have a priority of 9 and have still never hunted there, one of these years...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg