Ammo case locked?

I know the rules state that nobody other than the owner is supposed to have the key or combination to a lock. Seems like some are using TSA locks on ammo cases but not gun cases. Why not just use all TSA locks and save them and you the trouble of your locks being cut? This would solve the problems of cut locks and extra locks in the gun case and extra locks in carry-ons.

TSA will inspect your rifle case with you present, so after that there is no need for them to reinspect it. But that is here in the US. Once you arrive in a different country they will do what ever they want to do.

Do the Customs or security in other countries even have the keys to TSA locks? Do TSA locks do any good once you're out of the US?

TSA locks are only for the US inspectors. Anyone else will just cut the lock off.

Just back from South Africa and SAA was fine with ammo in checked luggage on international arrival and departure but it had to be separate for domestic flights. We use pistol cases for our ammo and lock with TSA locks. No hassle at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross