Ambulance driver arrested over poaching

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
A 38-YEAR-OLD ambulance driver was arrested on Sunday in the Zambezi region after he was found transporting half a carcass of an impala and 22 hunting rifles in the emergency vehicle.

Chris Lizazi appeared in the Katima Mulilo Magistrate's Court on Tuesday, and was granted N$5 000 bail.

Lizazi, who is employed at the Katima Mulilo State Hospital, was arrested at a temporary roadblock at Kalumba. Police in Zambezi said this was not the first time that Lizazi was caught transporting illegal game meat in the ambulance.

He faces four charges, which include hunting specially protected game, possession of game meat without a licence, possession of firearms without licences, and corruptly using his office or position for gratification.

The case was postponed to 14 December 2017 for further investigations.

Zambezi regional crime investigations coordinator, Evans Simasiku told The Namibian yesterday that the arrest happened after they received a tip-off from the public about the suspected poaching activity involving the ambulance.

“This is the third time that he has been caught for such an offence. In 2015 he was caught with buffalo meat loaded in the ambulance, and two months ago, he was caught with meat of an impala in his private vehicle,'' Simasiku said.

Source: https://www.namibian.com.na/61597/read/Ambulance-driver-arrested-over-poaching

Well this is a new use for a "Meat Wagon" as my dad use to call them. Game meat and guns in the back. Great sanitary practices!

It's the 22 rifles that should be of the most concern. I doubt he was about to use them all himself.
Poaching Ring.

3 time looser and out on that little bail $$. When are the courts going to learn to take poaching seriously? Needs more than a slap on the hand.
Bruce

Well this is a new use for a "Meat Wagon" as my dad use to call them. Game meat and guns in the back. Great sanitary practices!

Unfortunately, It's not just in Africa. I had a neighbor in California that had a meat delivery truck for the grocery stores. He'd carry firewood in it from time to time.

When I was in SA last year, were went through a traffic stop, and on the other side an ambulance was coming through with sirens on. They were stopped and checked. I had my PH asked the police why the ambulance with lights and sirens on was stopped, he told us that the week prior, they had to chase down an ambulance that was stolen, and the thief was using it to transport the goats he also had stolen! :confused::confused::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouiseHunt

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross