Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

The prosecution has a long road to climb as the F.B.I. has tainted the evidence in dismantling the firearm to possibly check the action of the sear.
Ya guess they conveniently broke the part which any layer will say the parts were faulty, but he had to cock the hammer and aim so I hope he gets what's coming to him.

After two years of mucking about, filing charges, dropping the charges, then re filing the charges. Gun was broken during FBI testing, repaired then given to an expert to figure it out, he says the trigger must have been pulled, likely the defense can produce an expert to say something else.
I suspect he wont see a day in prison, and will probably plea down to a lesser charge.
Whether he is convicted of anything or not wont make any difference in my life or anyone else life not connected to the tragic accident.
That is my gut reaction to this story.
In a way, yes; in another way, no.

We are supposed to be a nation of laws, where societal standing has no bearing on our legal standing. When enough of society truly believes there is a 2-tiered system of justice, many will see no reason to continue hewing to game theory.

It won't take a significant portion of the non-elite to decide game theory is no longer worth playing. Who knows the number, but I'd guess no more than 4 or 5% would need to reach that conclusion for things to fall apart.

The elite will need to sacrifice one of their own once in a while to mollify the masses. Baldwin's demise is an easy win for them. I'm not saying he will be sacrificed, but from a purely Machiavellian POV, this is an easy call for them.

Even if the notch on the hammer was broken, the hammer would’ve had to have Been thumbed back, or impacted in some way to hit the primer, at close range blanks can still kill so basic gun handling skills still need to adhered too (I know it was a live round used), I do not know what protocols are in place for using firearms on a movie set but it seems like an awfull lot of movies have been made using SAA without deaths occurring.

You bring up some good points but if General George Patton himself handed me a weapon the first thing I would do is check to see if it was loaded.
Patton carried loaded weapons. Early on in his career he was at a dinner party, Mexican carry of an auto loader, it discharged and everybody flew under the table,thinking it was an attempt to kill him. It was his own pistol of course. No one was injured, but mighty close.

I DO think the young lady Armorer will have her life significantly impacted, if not ruined. And could be she deserves it.
When this story first broke, I thought Baldwin should have his balls racked, as he would bay for to happen to any of us who were stupid enough to unintentionally shoot someone. But I realize that actors are quite possibly the dumbest sub-specie of humanity (except for James Woods) and can not be held to the standard of mentally competent adults.
And I don't know what the dummy rounds they use on movie sets look like. Do they have primers? Are there holes drilled in the cases? If the prop person hands you a gun and tells you it has no live ammo in it, then the director tells you to pint it at the camera and pull the trigger, are you supposed to unload it, weigh the ammo to detect if it has 10 grains of powder in it?
I just don't know. I'm glad I'm not on this jury. I do know that I'm not jumping up and down yelling "guilty, guilty, guilty".
NRA dummy rounds allow function checks and safe hammer drop. They are bright orange and completely inert. And cheap too. Just like inert guns used for force on force training. NRA standards prohibit using homemade dummy rounds!

In a way, yes; in another way, no.

We are supposed to be a nation of laws, where societal standing has no bearing on our legal standing. When enough of society truly believes there is a 2-tiered system of justice, many will see no reason to continue hewing to game theory.

It won't take a significant portion of the non-elite to decide game theory is no longer worth playing. Who knows the number, but I'd guess no more than 4 or 5% would need to reach that conclusion for things to fall apart.

The elite will need to sacrifice one of their own once in a while to mollify the masses. Baldwin's demise is an easy win for them. I'm not saying he will be sacrificed, but from a purely Machiavellian POV, this is an easy call for them.
Whichever way his trial goes, if there even is one, it will have exactly ZERO impact on anything in this country, nothing will change, nobody really cares anyway. Its old news that got redredged, as much to avoid embarrassment by the prosecutors as anything.
It really is a who cares thing. I dont, there are much more important things going on, and damage being done to this country everyday Biden and the tards are running it, than anything involving the idiot Baldwin.
So, no. To me it does not matter at all and will have no impact on my life, nor anyone here.

Ya guess they conveniently broke the part which any layer will say the parts were faulty, but he had to cock the hammer and aim so I hope he gets what's coming to him.
First off, you should learn how to spell correctly. If he did cock the hammer, the sear could have malfunctioned or been partially snapped that caused a round to be released. It is unknown as to what extent the F.B.I. dismantled the (prop gun) and whether the parts were broken before or after reassembly. Any reasonable doubt associated with the aforementioned will or shall result in an acquittal. The Exhibit (Prop Gun) is now considered 'tainted' and no longer prima facie evidence. Enough said.

Whichever way his trial goes, if there even is one, it will have exactly ZERO impact on anything in this country, nothing will change, nobody really cares anyway. Its old news that got redredged, as much to avoid embarrassment by the prosecutors as anything.
It really is a who cares thing. I dont, there are much more important things going on, and damage being done to this country everyday Biden and the tards are running it, than anything involving the idiot Baldwin.
So, no. To me it does not matter at all and will have no impact on my life, nor anyone here.

Old news being dredged up.....:unsure::unsure:May be an election year for DA and some free press time is needed.

I would respectfully disagree with your statements. Justice matters, or should matter, for the decedent, the decedents family, and society. The victim here is not only the young female actor and her family but society as a whole.

May she rest in peace and may her family find healing and ultimately forgiveness for the person that shot and killed her, intentionally or unintentionally.

“Justice denied anywhere is justice denied everywhere.” Thanks for reading my reply, TheGrayRider.

I would respectfully disagree with your statements. Justice matters, or should matter, for the decedent, the decedents family, and society. The victim here is not only the young female actor and her family but society as a whole.

May she rest in peace and may her family find healing and ultimately forgiveness for the person that shot and killed her, intentionally or unintentionally.

“Justice denied anywhere is justice denied everywhere.” Thanks for reading my reply, TheGrayRider.
Well said...

The ultimate responsibility for a gun is in the hand that holds it. and justice always matters. It is unfortunate in this country that the justice system isn't enforced equally.

On the pistol being disassembled WTF a single action is one of the easiest and simplest completely disassemble, clean and put back together.

The ultimate responsibility for a gun is in the hand that holds it. and justice always matters. It is unfortunate in this country that the justice system isn't enforced equally.

On the pistol being disassembled WTF a single action is one of the easiest and simplest completely disassemble, clean and put back together.
AZDave, I Agree with you “”responsibility for a gun rests with the person that holds it”. Alec Baldwin has two things going against him: 1). He shot and killed an innocent person, whether thru negligence or accident. 2). He’s ”Alec Baldwin” and one of the most dislike celebrities around. I am sorry for the Woman killed and her family, a tragedy that should Never have happened.

All fine sounding words, that dont matter a damn. Some of you guys are living in a dream world as if any of this mattered, it doesnt.

You are correct - JUSTICE always matters…..it’s rarely simple and often the system gets it wrong — but the effort is always required and should never be dismissed or given up on. We might not agree with the outcome but it must be respected. If we don’t lIke the laws or the system - change it and work to make it better.

Unless something changed, early reports clearly indicated the armorer was not the person that retrieved and handed the revolver to Baldwin. She was only working as an armorer part of the time. Had other duties due to budgeting.

Agree 100%, the final responsibility lies with the person that held and pointed the gun.

The blunt fact is that it was the narcissistic asshat holding the gun who's to blame, the one who's trying desperately to dodge the bullet on the bullet he fired. I dearly hope he is held responsible in some fashion, but I have no hope that even if he is he will ever come to understand or accept any of that responsibility. Just my two cents.

First off, you should learn how to spell correctly. If he did cock the hammer, the sear could have malfunctioned or been partially snapped that caused a round to be released. It is unknown as to what extent the F.B.I. dismantled the (prop gun) and whether the parts were broken before or after reassembly. Any reasonable doubt associated with the aforementioned will or shall result in an acquittal. The Exhibit (Prop Gun) is now considered 'tainted' and no longer prima facie evidence. Enough said.

Why was it loaded with live rounds?

Why did he point it at a director? She is not here to answer that.

Who is responsible?

Tainted , broken or whatever it certainly went off and killed a person while in his hands. Somebody done something wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesDet

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.