Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, SSAA
Hunted
Australia, NZ, Fiji, Namibia
Good morning all

I have a great taxidermist here in Aus that I use for my local work (red fallow and sambar), and my African stuff is and always will be done by Ingwe, however, I am hunting black bear in Northern Alberta in September this year

I will be chasing a Black Bear first, but would love to take a wolf, in the unlikely event I see one, and also want a coyote, as the one I shot in nevada in 2018 when I was there for work was blown to pieces

Given Im in Australia, at the very least, the skins need to be tanned, and skulls boiled out before they could ship here, but I also think I would like to have them mounted by a local who works on bears a lot. There isnt many bears in my neck of the woods, and ive seen some funny looking bears come out of taxidermists here

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
Silver Willow Taxidermy is very good.

fish hunter

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Go one province over and you have Saskatchewan, best taxidermist you’ll find is Orion. Check out his website. Well worth sending the trophies to him. They will not disappoint

http://www.orion-taxidermy.com/contact

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
Go one province over and you have Saskatchewan, best taxidermist you’ll find is Orion. Check out his website. Well worth sending the trophies to him. They will not disappoint
Agree with this! He is my taxidermist and what’s better is I live in the same town. This is one of my favourite mounts that he’s done:
24669698-CE27-4FA5-AC49-9BA5C0B1781F.png

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
If you are hunting near Edmonton I would give Brian Dobson with Artistic Taxidermy a shot. Not sure what his turn around time is these days but he does really good work.

AB2506

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, Alberta Fish & Game
Hunted
Alberta, Florida, Eastern Cape of South Africa
I have friends that swear by Silver Willow Taxidermy. http://www.swtaxidermy.com/
Don't overlook Sugar Creek Taxidermy. Marco is very good. He is one of the few that does a great job on cats. https://sugarcreektaxidermy.ca/
I have gone to european mounts, but the last taxidermist I used was Steve Dyke. He lives close to Cremona on Highway 22. He is fantastic (but not cheap,. or fast). He doesn't advertise and taxidermy is all he does. When he finishes a head, it looks alive.

Northwest9

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, SSAA
Hunted
Australia, NZ, Fiji, Namibia
thanks guys, ill look them up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kermit7028

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh