Airline Question

I live on the east coast of the US, I fly United from PIT to EWR to JNB, this takes 19-20 hours, the flight from EWR (Newark to JNB) is non-stop. Sure, there are lots of options, but for me, I'm all about getting there.

I would try and fly whatever airline has the fewest number of stops, meaning less chance of losing luggage/guns.

Also, I just learned this, place an Apple AirTag in your bag, you'll be able to see where your bags are at all times.
 
My airline pilot buds told me take the flights/routes with the least connections. Least connections equals least potential problems. As others have posted, experienced world travelers can do it on their own but for the vast majority, it's best CYA and use an agent.
 
It comes down to the fact that if you can watch your flights and deal with any interruptions or scheduling problems while you are out in the wilds then you may like doing it yourself.

However those problems are where a travel agency comes into play. They will see those interruptions and or airline scheduling problems while you are in a area where there is zero internet connections and deal with them for you. If you do these things on your own you may just have to sit in a hotel for another one or two days waiting for seats to open up for the next flight home. Some can afford to do this, where most can't.

For what they charge a travel agency is well worth the money on a international flight, just like using a pre-approved rifle permit company when taking a rifle into a foreign country.
 
Travel Express will make your trip a Hell of a lot easier and a lot less stressful
 
I have flown to JNB three times with Delta - ATL - JNB. No problems with guns and I believe they do a great job.
 
Avoid airlines that only have 1 flight per day. If you miss a connection your delayed at least 1 day. This lesson comes from experience. I’m sitting in a hotel for a day.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,401
Messages
1,575,095
Members
170,221
Latest member
WoodrowCof
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top