AHR .416 Ruger For Sale US$2,750

RR 314

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
American Hunting Rifles (AHR) did his magic/upgrades on the barreled action and created a solid and beautifully simple safari rifle. The CZ stampings are milled off, trigger is replaced, 3-position safety (Model 70 style) and bolt handle is straightened, filled and refinished. Wayne works these actions so they feed flawlessly. Cross bolts are added and the action is fitted to AHR's proprietary stock and the action is glass and pillar bedded. Barrel was recrowned and safari sights and barrel band was added and all metal is refinished. Rifle will come with Alaska Arms QR rings (30 mm). These are great rings. LOP is 13.5. Have 100 pieces of new brass and dies. I am keeping the S&B scope. Mercury recoil reducers were added to the stock by Wayne. Rifle is effectively as new.
AHR1.jpg
AHR2.jpg
AHR3.jpg
AHR4.jpg
AHR5.jpg
AHR6.jpg
AHR7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What does the rifle weigh?

John, the bare rifle seems to be right at 9 lbs.

I think you should leave the Bender on it and sell the package to me for 2,750.00!!

Nice set up!! I have that same scope on my R8

Reactions: BWH
I'm all set with my .416 Rigby built by Sabi!!

I joined here in 2015 but largely just read and lurk. However, I really thought this would sell quickly as priced below the cost of the upgrades from AHR (not to mention brass, dies rings etc.). Looks like I will keep it. :)

I joined here in 2015 but largely just read and lurk. However, I really thought this would sell quickly as priced below the cost of the upgrades from AHR (not to mention brass, dies rings etc.). Looks like I will keep it. :)
It is a great deal on a great rifle. It is a bit heavy for my tastes but what has kept me from jumping on it is cash flow, or the lack of it.

The upgrades alone on this rifle are right at $4000, including the recoil reducers. If someone wants to pick it up in Austin/Central Texas I will drop to $2650. Will even do $2500 if I keep the rings.

The upgrades alone on this rifle are right at $4000, including the recoil reducers. If someone wants to pick it up in Austin/Central Texas I will drop to $2650. Will even do $2500 if I keep the rings.
I think most know what that rifle cost. A lot of forum members have AHR CZ rifles and many more of us have spent some time browsing the AHR website. I did not figure the recoil reducer but already new that everything including the stock is +- $3700. It certainly is a deal and if it were in 9.3x62 I would be scrambling to put together the money. Fortunately for me I already have one 416 Ruger and do not need 2. I have no doubt it will sell but it often takes some time. People have hunts to pay for and when they return taxidermy bills. The rest of life's demands get in the way as well. Christmas is past and tax returns will be arriving soon.

Final price drop without rings is $2400. Just received my AHR in .458 Lott. This includes brass and dies. Great rifle for Africa or Alaska. Thanks.

With the 550 actions being discontinued I am going to keep it. Thanks.

I have another AHR on the way and full safes. Willing to sell rifle, brass and dies for $2350. This would be a great rifle for safari or all-weather rifle for Alaska etc.

VERY nice rifle at a VERY fair price! Another example of the fine rifles for sale here at great prices. Someone should buy this now! Toby?

Man, I agree. Haaa. Really shocked it hasn’t sold. Going to keep it here a couple days and then do the jump to gunbroker or gunsinternational to get a little more market exposure.

Might be a good idea. You’ll have to explain the AHR upgrades though as most potential buyers wouldn’t know about AHR. I know I wouldn’t have known until reading about Wayne and AHR here. If it was chambered in a 6.5 something, it would sell right away on GB. Ha! Ha! Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg