African Huntin Boots

Curious to build on this. What is the quietest shoe? My salmon’s were the very best comfort but were loud
Hi @Rare Breed - I too have hunted Africa a few times in my Salomon's, very comfortable but I did not notice them being real noisy. I have also used Lowa Renegades, Russell Moccasins PH and Crispi Attiva Mid and all of these have been very comfortable for me. When I want to be real quiet I have worn my Gokey Shadow Hunters hut I can't walk miles and miles in these as they don't provide enough support for me. I think Russell use to make a model called the Thula Thula that were supposed to be quiet.

Courteney Safari all day and twice on Sunday. I use them as hiking boots as well, and after a good shining they make excellent smart-sporty shoes with heaps of character. Comfy, light, lots of traction and—of course—look the part. Will never switch.

View attachment 607504
Nice picture...looks like you both are having a great time. I love the look of Courtney boots however they do not fit my foot well and are uncomfortable to me so I unfortunately can not wear them.

Hi @Rare Breed - I too have hunted Africa a few times in my Salomon's, very comfortable but I did not notice them being real noisy. I have also used Lowa Renegades, Russell Moccasins PH and Crispi Attiva Mid and all of these have been very comfortable for me. When I want to be real quiet I have worn my Gokey Shadow Hunters hut I can't walk miles and miles in these as they don't provide enough support for me. I think Russell use to make a model called the Thula Thula that were supposed to be quiet.
Wow!!! The Gokey boots may just be the ticket…super light weight and very quiet…”feels like you are in your bare feet”

Wow!!! The Gokey boots may just be the ticket…super light weight and very quiet…”feels like you are in your bare feet”
For my Salamon shoes I am just going on my PH, Lou Hallamore’s comments to me on my elephant hunt. He wears Courtney

For my Salamon shoes I am just going on my PH, Lou Hallamore’s comments to me on my elephant hunt. He wears Courtney

I wish Courtney's felt comfortable to me but they don't

Gaiters:
1. https://www.forestry-suppliers.com/...POJBwOy4Hoju_afJdRMxXcgrILkt_ZQ0aApssEALw_wcB
inexpensive,durable, work well
2. https://dirtygirlgaiters.com/
designed for trail runners, lightweight,comfortable,durable. Wide variety of patterns,colors. Fit well over Russells as do the first.
Boots:
1. Am a Russell fan of old, not so much where the company has gone. Have fabric and all leather pHs with Huez soles, quiet, great ground feel.
2. For a synthetic low boot I have Salomon Ultra 4s, very comfortable, no break in, recently bought Aku Seveltica, is a mid boot, lower than the Salomon, also no break in.
I live and hunt in deep south Texas, wear shorts most of the season from Labor day through mid December, given the snake prevalence in my area and my desire to move in the brush stalking have migrated to lace up knee high snake boots. Allow me good ground feel, can run in and stay cool. Boots are either Russell Turkey hunters or “gasp” Rockys. Have yet to have Huisache thorns or prickly pear spikes or glochilds make their way the snake boots but have had thorns in the Salomon soles, consider Turtleskin insoles for thorn penetration.

Attachments

• Tick and Chigger Gaiters.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Let us know your thoughts on the Jim Greens. I was considering ordering a pair the other day. Keep going back and forth between the Barefoot boots you got and the Rangers.
I just picked up a pair of Rangers for about $108 earlier this month at Safari Outdoor while heading to the airport in Joberg. So far, I've been wearing them around my property, and when I go to the horse barn with my wife and daughter. They're breaking in perfectly and are very comfortable. They didn't have the buffalo hide version, or I'd have gotten those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Djmviljoen

Latest profile posts

NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
here with available dates for 2024/25

1-13 September 2024
14-31 October 2024
1-7 November 2024
18-24 November 2024

March 2025 is wide open!
12-17 April 2025
24-28 May 2025
15-21 June 2025
7-12 July 2025
22-28 July 2025
13-31 August 2025
15-30 September 2025

October and November 2025 is wide open!
Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.