African 29

McKenzie Sims

AH enthusiast
Joined
Dec 11, 2019
Messages
335
Reaction score
844
Media
13
Articles
4
Hunting reports
Africa
4
Member of
Safari Club International, GSCO
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zambia, Tanzania, Cameroon, Ethiopia. Outside of Africa. Pakistan, Azerbaijan ,Tajkistan, Turkey, Spain, New Zealand, Australia , Argentina, Across the US, and numerouse provinces in Canada
Some people chase the North American 29 and I have done a bit of that myself but for me Africa has been my thing. I didn’t realize it till the trip that was to complete it for me but in 2021 I was just one animal away from completing the SCI African 29 with a Roan Antelope. Now this was over 13 safaris and 14 years of hunting Africa to reach this moment. In the 14 years and 13+ safaris I traveled to 5 different countries within the continent and all but one multiple times. Now I did complete this with a archery Roan taken in the Northern Cape of South Africa once my article on this hunt is published within SCI magazine I’ll be able to share the full story here with all of you. But for now my journey to hunt and explore all of Africa continues.

My SCI African 29.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!
Quite the achievement!
 
Congrats!
Quite the achievement!
Thank you, lots of great memories to get to that point. Hoping to make many more on that great continent.
 
Congratulations! Quite the accomplishment.

HH
 
Wow, what an accomplishment, especially at such a young age. Congratulations, and well done.
 
Wow, what an accomplishment, especially at such a young age. Congratulations, and well done.
Thanks my Disney land was Africa!
 
Some people chase the North American 29 and I have done a bit of that myself but for me Africa has been my thing. I didn’t realize it till the trip that was to complete it for me but in 2021 I was just one animal away from completing the SCI African 29 with a Roan Antelope. Now this was over 13 safaris and 14 years of hunting Africa to reach this moment. In the 14 years and 13+ safaris I traveled to 5 different countries within the continent and all but one multiple times. Now I did complete this with a archery Roan taken in the Northern Cape of South Africa once my article on this hunt is published within SCI magazine I’ll be able to share the full story here with all of you. But for now my journey to hunt and explore all of Africa continues.

View attachment 598560
Congrats! Which 5 countries?
 
Congrats, last month or so your photo was in SCI’s monthly newspaper type publication. Can’t remember the animal, not roan, but I recognized your name from this forum
 
Congrats, last month or so your photo was in SCI’s monthly newspaper type publication. Can’t remember the animal, not roan, but I recognized your name from this forum
Thank you! I believe that was an Gredos Ibex. This story should be in the next Magazine publication.
 
Congratulations! Was your rhino taken on a dart hunt? Beautiful rhino
 
Thank you, yes this one was darted great cow. Hunted a Black as well.
Congratulations! Was your rhino taken on a dart hunt? Beautiful rhino
 
With which outfiter if you dont mind sharing? Was that a dart hunt as well?
 
With which outfiter if you dont mind sharing? Was that a dart hunt as well?
African field sports Mike Murray, hunt was 14 years ago
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,915
Members
169,464
Latest member
Levergunsite
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top