Accubonds/Partitions vs Scirocco/A-Frames

Csnakes03
I hope you have a can, it will help a small bit. I would like to be with you on those Baboons. Problem is they educated quick. You drop one and they all want to run.
I think like this. Sort of like coyotes coming to bait. Or shooting Prairie dogs. Take the farthest one away off to one side. So you don't shoot over them, or in the middle of them. Even with a good can bullets still sing.
Keep us informed. I trust you will do good.
 
I'm looking for some advice based on experience for those who have shot both at game, and also for those who have reloaded. I'm leaning towards the Nosler Accubonds over the Sciroccos just because they are heavier in the caliber I'm looking to reload (6.5PRC) but I'm torn between the other 2. From a design perspective it seems the Accubonds and Sciroccos will be better at longer ranges, but I dont really see a scenario where I would shoot anything beyond 400 yards, so does it matter? I had issues on 2 animals shot with the Berger 156g bullets on my last trip to Africa a month ago (didn't do well on a quartering away blesbok and basically failed on a quartering to shot on a Hartebeest resulting in me losing the animal..) and want to find a bonded bullet that will have good performance downrange.
Thanks!
@Csnakes03
I have loaded accubonds in both my Whelen and the 150s in my son's 308. They were very accurate in both rifles (0.3" in the 308 at 2,900+fps) and performance was outstanding on plains game. A front on shot at a kudu at 120yds with the Whelen and 225gn accubonds gave around five feet of penetration with the bullet lodging in the ham of the left rear leg and retained weight of 174gn or 74%. My son never recovered one from any animals he shot they always exited with massive trauma and good exit wound.
Bob
 
Shot 140 grain accubonds, 140 grain Barnes TSX and 143 gr Hammers out of the Sako Grey Wolf 7 rem mag today. They all shot great.

Found the barrel prefers the 140s not the 160s
IMG_3211.jpeg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,260
Messages
1,570,084
Members
168,838
Latest member
Pittmanyi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top