A Tour of the Austro Hungarian Empire

We did a five course wine pairing dinner at a Michelin star restaurant in Prague, La Degustation. Highly recommended if you get a chance.

Sounds like a fun trip. Glad you had a great time.

Reactions: WAB
I am in Prague now and will go to Dresden for a day later in the week. The snow is gone now and I have yet to hit a gun shop—that will change tomorrow. I’ll get back home just before New Years, in time for the peak of deer season.
Hope you are doing fine!

There was a killing spree today in Prague near the University... 11 persons were killed, one of them probably was the person running amok

Hope you are doing fine!

There was a killing spree today in Prague near the University... 11 persons were killed, one of them probably was the person running amok

I hate to hear that!

Hope you are doing fine!

We were actually around the area most of the day. We went back to our hotel and returned to see a street lighting ceremony and were turned back. Much of the area was blocked off ands now hours after the shooing still hearing sirens.
We then went to the CZ store and I bought some items. They seemed to agree with what Bill said, a large Caliber CZ 600 is unlikely.
I went to multiple markets and finally at Wenceslas Square found one. Bill, he sends his regards!

IMG_3955.jpeg
IMG_3954.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
All over euro news. Total tragedy.

We were actually around the area most of the day. We went back to our hotel and returned to see a street lighting ceremony and were turned back. Much of the area was blocked off ands now hours after the shooing still hearing sirens.
We then went to the CZ store and I bought some items. They seemed to agree with what Bill said, a large Caliber CZ 600 is unlikely.
I went to multiple markets and finally at Wenceslas Square found one. Bill, he sends his regards!

Glad you were out of there! I believe that is the Smith in Old Town Square is it not?

My wife and I are recently returned from a tour of Budapest, Prague, Vienna and Salzburg. While billed as a Christmas market tour, I somehow kept finding myself in hunting shops. Although burdened with draconian EU firearms laws, the hunting heritage is alive and well in these countries.

A piece of bad news for CZ lovers, the Safari rifles are well and truly gone. There are
Rumors of Safari calibers in the CZ 600, but this is in no way a replacement for their Mauser actions.

Joh. Springer’s in Vienna was a true Safari shop with an impressive array of clothing, double rifles and custom Mauser rifles finished in-house. The clothing in all of the shops was functional and tasteful. This trip was a nice complement to my hunt in Romania in September.

If you want a trip you and your spouse will both enjoy, do a Christmas Market/Hunting Shop tour of the Austro Hungarian empire!

View attachment 575606
Prague Old Town Square

View attachment 575607
My Wife and I on the castle walls in Salzburg. I couldn’t resist a traditional Austrian hat!
What an awesome trip!

Glad you were out of there! I believe that is the Smith in Old Town Square is it not?
There may be multiple smiths. I did not see one at the old town market—I could easily have missed it. This was in Wenceslas square

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789bet188biz

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning