a-square bullet lengths data wanted

Jefferry404

AH fanatic
Joined
Sep 17, 2023
Messages
859
Reaction score
2,002
Location
Mountains in Colorado
all, trying to compile a list of a-square bullet lengths for reloading. I have been using woodleigh for the dead tough and barnes mono for his mono solids (i scale the barnes length by navel bronze vs brass density). but would like some actual measured data. Appreciated any folks here can measure some lengths for me. thanks
Steve
 
A2 .458” 465 grain Monolithic Solid: 1.455”
A2 .458” 465 grain Dead-Tough: 1.243”
A2 .458” 465 grain Lion-Load: 1.165”
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9957.jpeg
    IMG_9957.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9958.jpeg
    IMG_9958.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9959.jpeg
    IMG_9959.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9960.jpeg
    IMG_9960.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 43
Hmmm, that’s a pretty significant difference. I measured with a Starrett.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9961.jpeg
    IMG_9961.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 42
Looking at the photo of the three together the Dead-Tough and Lion-Load are not the same length.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,257
Messages
1,570,874
Members
169,189
Latest member
TonyKwok5
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top