a-square bullet lengths data wanted

Jefferry404

AH fanatic
Joined
Sep 17, 2023
Messages
860
Reaction score
2,005
Location
Mountains in Colorado
all, trying to compile a list of a-square bullet lengths for reloading. I have been using woodleigh for the dead tough and barnes mono for his mono solids (i scale the barnes length by navel bronze vs brass density). but would like some actual measured data. Appreciated any folks here can measure some lengths for me. thanks
Steve
 
A2 .458” 465 grain Monolithic Solid: 1.455”
A2 .458” 465 grain Dead-Tough: 1.243”
A2 .458” 465 grain Lion-Load: 1.165”
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9957.jpeg
    IMG_9957.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9958.jpeg
    IMG_9958.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9959.jpeg
    IMG_9959.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9960.jpeg
    IMG_9960.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 45
Hmmm, that’s a pretty significant difference. I measured with a Starrett.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9961.jpeg
    IMG_9961.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 45
Looking at the photo of the three together the Dead-Tough and Lion-Load are not the same length.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,671
Members
169,814
Latest member
TREChara7
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top