A mixed bag at the range today

H4350 got me where I need to be with those low BC Normas. I think the issue with Magnum and 4831 is they're just too slow for my 22" bbl.

At southern Africa escarpment and elk altitudes, I should be right at 500 yards and still be around 2k fps and 1500-ish ft lbs of impact energy. That's farther than I'm comfortable to shoot at an animal anyway.

IDK why i didn't just start with CFE223 for the 308 loads. I'm getting a staggering 2875 fps with 168 gr Speer Gold Dots
@sgt_zim
I use the CFE with the 150s in my sons 308 for just a bit under 3,000fps.
No matter what I try with the 168s even with your load nothing will make them group less than 1.5"
Some combinations won't go below 2". Tried different powders, seating depth, primers cases just don't like them.
180gn round nose cut half inch groups all day so do the 125, 130 and 150s. Just something about 168s it don't like
Bob
 
what model Sauer are you running and wood or fiberglass?
100XT (I believe those are the right letters) synth stock.

Bought it from @TOBY458 for my son.

"My" 9.3 is a LH Zastava
 
100XT (I believe those are the right letters) synth stock.

Bought it from @TOBY458 for my son.

"My" 9.3 is a LH Zastava
how do you like it, I found one in a Beech wood stock but not to sure about that type of wood and heard the synth stocks flexed enough that the mag would fall out but no other info on it other than recoil was wicked. missed the CZ550 that was for sale on the site by 15 min. going back to Africa in April for another Buffalo
 
how do you like it, I found one in a Beech wood stock but not to sure about that type of wood and heard the synth stocks flexed enough that the mag would fall out but no other info on it other than recoil was wicked. missed the CZ550 that was for sale on the site by 15 min. going back to Africa in April for another Buffalo
I'd heard the same, but I didn't experience the mag falling out. But I only ran mild loads through it - 285 gr oryx at maybe 2250 or so. Guess I'll find out once I solve this issue with the primers.

Recoil isn't too bad; with scope, this rifle is just under 9 lbs.

If it ends up being a problem, I can always put a new stock on it.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,342
Messages
1,573,433
Members
169,747
Latest member
nexttanebir1980
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top