A .577 with History - A Great Find

Hello mat85

Our next doubles shoot here in Wisconsin in 2017 will be June 15-18, and my invitation to shoot my 20-577 still stands. You can also try your hand at my 700NE.

Hello mat85

Our next doubles shoot here in Wisconsin in 2017 will be June 15-18, and my invitation to shoot my 20-577 still stands. You can also try your hand at my 700NE.

thank you, i think i might just take you up on that offer! both of those cartridges are missing from my "have shot" list and im sure you and i could find many things to discuss over glasses of whiskey. shame i wont have a proper double to bring for you to shoot though. im placing an order with Heym next month but dont expect that to show up till late 2017.

-matt

Thanks for sharing the story of your great rifle! What an amazing find!

I noticed that the previous owner was from Oban, Scotland. They make a fine whiskey there that I highly recommend. Imagine taking the rifle back to Africa on a lion hunt, and then enjoying some fine oban scotch recounting your adventures around the fire.

oban_21_year_smw_highland_zoom.jpg

Attachments

• oban_21_year_smw_highland_zoom.jpg
    oban_21_year_smw_highland_zoom.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 222
Hello rinehart0050,

Thanks for the reply,

You've got my mouth wattering, and my trigger finger itching.

Not sure I can both, by I'm going to the liquor store today to take care of at least one.

Yes thanks for sharing the story, nice rifle!

Yes thanks for sharing the story, nice rifle!

Hello reedy0312,

Thanks for the reply.

I love rifles with stories, and then sharing those stories with others.

WOW! Great post, thanks for sharing!

Sir, thank you for posting, I congratulate you on your rifle. But in honesty what impresses me most is the effort you have obvious gone to to document "her" history and of the officer that owned "her". I think it fitting that she resided in the possession of such a individual that shows such great care and attention to such matters. Because they matter greatly to many of us here. Again thank you.

Respects
Pat

Sir, thank you for posting, I congratulate you on your rifle. But in honesty what impresses me most is the effort you have obvious gone to to document "her" history and of the officer that owned "her". I think it fitting that she resided in the possession of such a individual that shows such great care and attention to such matters. Because they matter greatly to many of us here. Again thank you.

Respects
Pat

Hello BC.Pat

Thanks for the reply. With a name like BC.Pat, are you from British Columbia?

Yes, in Victoria on Vancouver Island . If your in the neighbor hood please let me know. I would gladly traded you single malt for the opportunity to discuss your collection.
regards
Pat

Yes, in Victoria on Vancouver Island . If your in the neighbor hood please let me know. I would gladly traded you single malt for the opportunity to discuss your collection.
regards
Pat

Hello Pat,

I live in Wisconsin. I spent 5 years in B.C. One year in Burnaby, One in Abbotsford, Two in Maple Ridge (Haney), and One in Cranbrook. I hunted all over including the North West tip of the Island. Left in 1975, and never went back. Big Mistake! I really miss the mountains. I would love to hunt the Island again before I die. (Black Bear)

I would love to hunt the Island again before I die. (Black Bear)
You would be very welcome back. The north end of the island is a magic spot for big blackys. lots & lots of bears . I mentioned in another post another AH member was looking for a black bear hunt. The Island has great habitat for bears, lots of berries, fish & mild winters, bears get big & fat. I am trying to get away up to Port Alice to poke a spring bear, but its a give take thing with my fall moose, grizz, & caribou trip. Only so many holidays ...grrrrrr. I am glad you enjoyed your time in BC we are pretty fortunate in the hunting department as long as the tree lickers don't screw it up! There is a big bun fight about grizzly hunting in the province right now.
When you decide shoot me a PM I be happy to help , I am sure I could arrange something. I'm not a guide but I know the locals who are.

cheers
Pat

You would be very welcome back. The north end of the island is a magic spot for big blackys. lots & lots of bears . I mentioned in another post another AH member was looking for a black bear hunt. The Island has great habitat for bears, lots of berries, fish & mild winters, bears get big & fat. I am trying to get away up to Port Alice to poke a spring bear, but its a give take thing with my fall moose, grizz, & caribou trip. Only so many holidays ...grrrrrr. I am glad you enjoyed your time in BC we are pretty fortunate in the hunting department as long as the tree lickers don't screw it up! There is a big bun fight about grizzly hunting in the province right now.
When you decide shoot me a PM I be happy to help , I am sure I could arrange something. I'm not a guide but I know the locals who are.

cheers
Pat

Hello BC.Pat,

Thanks for the reply.

YES ............ it was Port Alice where I hunted ...... you jogged my memory. Its been 43 years ...

I'll be answering your PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you