9.3x62 bullet choice for Moose

Anything slightly heavier that won't break up will knock over a moose

This! My hunting crew and I have knocked down a mountain of moose over the years with .308s, .30-06s and 7mm Rem Mags and none ran further than 30 yards. I killed my 52 inch bull with my .308 and he didn't get that far. It's what I'll be hunting moose with again this fall.
For what it's worth, my warthog ran farther to a perfect shot than any of our mooses!

Your comment comports well with Ron Spomer’s observation that a moose will take a shot without much reaction then amble for 10-20 yards and collapse. It didn’t matter whether Ron was using a 6.5 Creedmore or 338 Magnum, although he does suggest that the 338 is the optimal moose cartridge.
My godfather only used his 30/30 on moose and killed a pile of them over the years. Shots were close - under 50 yards in the Northern Ontario muskeg.
Anything that opens up but stays together like a Nosler Partition should work well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,