9.3 X62 brass and bullet powder recommendation

I like and used the 286 Nosler, 300 Swift and 250 Accubond and a few others, settled on RL17 and RL-16 (the same) hard to beat..Woodleighs when they get back it production are a great bullet and the 9,3x62 is a grand caliber...

9,3x62 is presently unavailable in the US for the first time that I know of? I was looking for brass on the net at all the usual places.. I normally use PPU as thats been easy to find..

Hi,

If you are looking for the best cartridge cases, to me they are the RWS. Little less capacity, not a big issue, but truly great in ALL other aspects. I have used them in 7x57, 375 and 9,3x62. None better compared with the other I have. They are more expensive, indeed. NORMA came second from the lots I have. Remington behaves the same as NORMA. Good cases also these Remington.
Amazing fact, we can't get Remington 9.3x62 brass here in the states. At least I have never seen any.

Of late the only brass in 9,3x62 I’ve been able to locate is PPU and now that’s out of stock.

I'm covered for the rest of the foreseeable future. Brass is either Norma or RWS. The DWM Brenneke bullets are the 293gr TUG.

20240216_152155.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen the TUG bullets here in the US.
They were imported through one of the big names back in the last century. I'm thinking Speer, but I could be wrong. I've been shooting the 9.3x62 for about 30 years now, and memory isn't the best.

I imported a bunch from Frankonia back in the day, but they are long gone.

I'm covered for the rest of the foreseeable future. Brass is either Norma or RWS. The DWM Brenneke bullets are the 293gr TUG.
Have you used the Tug bullets on real game? How do you like it? Seems to be there for a long time and from what I have been told there are better options now.

Here we are in 2024 and there is basically no brass available for the 9.3 x 62. I'm using Varget powder but I had to pay through the nose on Gunbroker because I just cannot find it anywhere.

At least I've had more luck with bullets:

232gn Norma Oryx - I really like these and need to buy more
250gn Barnes TSX - They shoot well
270gn Speer softbpoints - Working well on Whitetail
286gn Nosler Partition - I have a large stock!

PPU brass was available, it's what I'm using, also purchased loaded ammo from PPU 286gn. The 9.3 has become one of my favorite calibers to shoot.

I’ve got enough PPU 9,3 brass to last probably for the rest of my reloading life. I purchased it when it was plentiful and cheap, along with 8mm Mauser. A lot of people foresaw this hardship early on and covered all the bases.

I’ve got enough PPU 9,3 brass to last probably for the rest of my reloading life. I purchased it when it was plentiful and cheap, along with 8mm Mauser. A lot of people foresaw this hardship early on and covered all the bases.
John,
How much brass do you like to hold for a caliber, what is the quantity that makes you think you have a lifetime supply. I'm newish to 9.3 x 62 and my 300 brass cases and 100 rounds of loaded ammunition leave me with a little brass anxiety! Is it just me or do we all like to have large amounts of brass and reloading components for each caliber.

I comfortably got through the last 5 years of shortages other than some powders, like you I like to have a certain stock, my wife thinks I'm a hoarder .... lol

At my age, a bunch! lol. I mostly shoot my 9,3’s just to keep them zeroed and usually a handful of deer and hogs and maybe a bison a year get shot with them. Saw the writing on the wall in Oct of 2019 and bought a couple bags a month for a few months on a “just in case” hunch. Primers, bullets and powder also. Kept telling people buy it when you find it cuz …….. not a hoarder by most standards but like you, my wife sees it different lol.

Have you used the Tug bullets on real game? How do you like it? Seems to be there for a long time and from what I have been told there are better options now.
That’s what they say about roundnose cup and core bullets too. Don’t believe it.

Here we are in 2024 and there is basically no brass available for the 9.3 x 62. I'm using Varget powder but I had to pay through the nose on Gunbroker because I just cannot find it anywhere.

At least I've had more luck with bullets:

232gn Norma Oryx - I really like these and need to buy more
250gn Barnes TSX - They shoot well
270gn Speer softbpoints - Working well on Whitetail
286gn Nosler Partition - I have a large stock!

PPU brass was available, it's what I'm using, also purchased loaded ammo from PPU 286gn. The 9.3 has become one of my favorite calibers to shoot.
I got 232 grain oryx when Midway had them on clearance and got 500 bullets enough to last me the rest of my reloading days

That’s what they say about roundnose cup and core bullets too. Don’t believe it.
Understand you r the best judge. I was referring to the bonded bullets Swift and NF. There is an interesting story on bonded and cup and core by the owner of big bore, I found it quite fascinating

Bonded A Frames are really great bullets for big heavy and dangerous game. Most of the cup and core bullets are just fine for hogs, deer, elk, black bear in NA. If going after the big bears I’d go with A frames or North Fork.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twila5206

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.