9.3-338

The 9,3x64 is, in my opinion, one of the best designed cartriges in this category. But, unfortunately, the cartridge itself and the cases are not everyway.
So, to me, the 375 Ruger do the same, and change. And, I think, will be with us for a long time and will be more common every day.
 
That already exists—the monstrous ".416 Rigby / 9.3mm" type—in the form of the .366 DGW, an American wildcat that is the equivalent of the .378 Weatherby.
It’s a fine cartridge, but in my opinion, it doesn't serve much of a purpose.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260827_075722_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20260827_075722_Chrome.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 46
The 9,3x64 is, in my opinion, one of the best designed cartriges in this category. But, unfortunately, the cartridge itself and the cases are not everyway.
So, to me, the 375 Ruger do the same, and change. And, I think, will be with us for a long time and will be more common every day.

I hope 375 Ruger endures. I just bought one. But, just in case, I also bought 400 pieces of brass. Oddly enough, the brass was the same price as other 30-06-length magnums like 7mm Rem Mag. I figured it would be more expensive.
 
The 9,3x64 is, in my opinion, one of the best designed cartriges in this category. But, unfortunately, the cartridge itself and the cases are not everyway.
So, to me, the 375 Ruger do the same, and change. And, I think, will be with us for a long time and will be more common every day.
The First and Third wildboar in Norway in modern times 2004 and 2005ish was taken by a mentor of me with a 9,3x64 .
 
My Ruger Alaskan shoots Buffalo Bore Barnes 250 gr tsx rounds at 2,660 ft, the bullet is devastating on game, killed a massive Elan bull at 331 yards breaking both shoulders.

Tim Sundles kills Buffalo w/ this round often.
 
Yes, it’s been done.

People have necked .338 Win Mag up to 9.3 (.366) as a wildcat basically a slightly longer more capacious version of the 9.3x64. Works fine, good brass availability, and solid medium bore performance. Not common, but not unheard of either.
 
Yes, it’s been done.

People have necked .338 Win Mag up to 9.3 (.366) as a wildcat basically a slightly longer more capacious version of the 9.3x64. Works fine, good brass availability, and solid medium bore performance. Not common, but not unheard of either.
 
I have wondered what the 9.3 would be capable of if someone necked up one of these PRC cases. Easy to find brass, etc. then no belt to deal with. I’ve not bothered to try it yet as my 2 9.3x62 are enough so far
I have two guns in 9.3 x375 Ruger or 9.3 CANADIAN for the past 10 years, it's an excellent wildcat and was born out of my frustration with getting 9.3 x 64 brass. Replicates and slightly better what the 9.3 x 64 does I get 2740 FPS with 286 grainers such as Northfork CUP, Lapua Mega, Privi, . There was made to accommodate especially the 250 gr Barnes TTSX which for some reason I have not been using very much although it should come close to 3000 ft./s
For deer , moose and general purpose I run an OK + 170 g at 3450 ft./s, which leaves me within minute of moose out to 350 yards.
I'm happy to loan the reamer to anybody's Gunsmith if there's interest.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,264
Members
169,515
Latest member
RubyeShead
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top