.700 Nitro

Tex .416

AH fanatic
Joined
Nov 12, 2023
Messages
832
Reaction score
2,498
Media
1
Last edited:
For those interested in the really big guns. Here is a Dumoulin .700 Nitro double. It still is "in the white." The ad says six months estimated to finish it to buyer specs.


I don't think any Belgian double of any quality or caliber is worth $250,000 USD. The best ever made there are the Marcel Thys and those mega-largebores go for about $50k or so and are worth every penny.
 
$250K is a metric F ton of money for that double. Holland will build one for about $300k, but where are you going to get projectiles other than CEB. Geoff is not making 700NE anything at the moment.

EJ
 
$250K is a metric F ton of money for that double. Holland will build one for about $300k, but where are you going to get projectiles other than CEB. Geoff is not making 700NE anything at the moment.

EJ

I’m a huge double rifle man, but the 600NE and 700NE have never been of interest to me. They weigh way too much, and unless they are made by the original manufacturer, they seem to have no demand in the secondary market. Meaning, if you buy it for $250k and it doesn’t say H&H on it, you’re going to own it for ten years longer than you wish to before selling it for 20% of original price.

The largest practical double rifles ever made are the .577NE and the 577/600 REWA. They weigh 13.5lbs so you can actually carry them, they have horrific recoil roughly similar to a 460 Nitro, and they stop elephants flat.

The bigger stuff gets into the 18lb range until you get into 4bore rifles in the 26lb range.Totally impractical calibers that are beyond mortal man’s ability to shoot rapidly and carry all day.

I shall not be buying a quarter of a million dollar anything from Belgium unless the town of Brussels is for sale.
 
They aren't just asking for $250k, they also want roughly $25k to finish the gun.

Not a chance!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,351
Messages
1,573,791
Members
169,854
Latest member
SunnyGerra
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top