6.5

Flbt

AH elite
Joined
Jan 26, 2025
Messages
1,935
Reaction score
2,831
Location
Fl
Media
1
Hunted
Us
I am thinking of selling a 6.5.
The prices will be different because there a big difference in the rifles.
But for fl hunting I don’t know if keeping the 6.5x55 or the 6.5 Grendel.
The g ammo is more common and I have a lot more of it on hand.
But the 55 is cheaper and can handle heavier bullets better ( but here that’s not that big of a concern)
The rifles the 55 is in a kimber sporter for that big batch they did along time ago
The G is a cz min Mauser action the American vs no sights
Honest for the deer I have shot I really could not tell a difference in the 120 of the g and the 140gr of the 55

I like both rifles but the cz trigger is a lot better
And it’s a lighter rifle

If I do sell one it will be to a family member that wants to try a 6.5 so nither would be sold at there top value.for whitetail under 300 ( most under 200yd)
A hog if it comes out during a deer hunt.

What cal would you keep?
 
The Swede
 
I am thinking of selling a 6.5.
The prices will be different because there a big difference in the rifles.
But for fl hunting I don’t know if keeping the 6.5x55 or the 6.5 Grendel.
The g ammo is more common and I have a lot more of it on hand.
But the 55 is cheaper and can handle heavier bullets better ( but here that’s not that big of a concern)
The rifles the 55 is in a kimber sporter for that big batch they did along time ago
The G is a cz min Mauser action the American vs no sights
Honest for the deer I have shot I really could not tell a difference in the 120 of the g and the 140gr of the 55

I like both rifles but the cz trigger is a lot better
And it’s a lighter rifle

If I do sell one it will be to a family member that wants to try a 6.5 so nither would be sold at there top value.for whitetail under 300 ( most under 200yd)
A hog if it comes out during a deer hunt.

What cal would you keep?
A difficult question. I like both of these calibers. But trigger is something that should not be ignored. If you shoot better with G, then keep him
 
If you decided to sell the Grendel I may be interested in buying
 
A difficult question. I like both of these calibers. But trigger is something that should not be ignored. If you shoot better with G, then keep him
Yes it has the push foward set trigger
The trigger is very nice
 
The swede gives you more options.

The grendel will handle most of the FL hunting options. So just keep both.
 
I would keep the Swede.
 
Keep the Swede.
 
Swede.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,945
Members
169,655
Latest member
NehuSinhi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top