Lifetime bronze benefactor
Platinum supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I have a Trijicon RMR 3.25 Red Dot Scope for sale for $250 including shipping in US. I just went online and saw these are $519 news at Amazon. This scope has been to Africa once taking 5 great animals. It comes with all original packaging including all manuals. The only reason I am selling is I want the 1.0 MOA.

THIS IS A 52% DISCOUNT!!! FIRST PERSON WHO SAYS THEY WILL BUY IT GETS IT.
1675437341599.jpeg
IMG-0491.jpg
IMG-0493.jpg

THE MOUNTING BRACKET DOES NOT COME WITH IT.

SPF YancyW

Great deal. I have the same one. Did you find the 3.25 MOA too big?
A RMR (micro) or traditional Red Dot sight with 3.25 MOA dot works good for many shooters, especially for the new trend of RMRs on carry guns. At 5 yards, these larger dots may be better. I prefer traditional iron/tridium night sights for carry guns because I have far too many rounds down range with those. Now if I have to shoot 40 yards across a food court like Elisjsha Dicken ( https://www.reuters.com/legal/gover...hailed-after-shooting-mall-gunman-2022-07-18/ ) a RMR would be handy!

I have Trijicon RMRs and Aimpoint H-1 traditional/full size dot sights with 1 MOA dots. These are among the top brands for these type sights. I have some others like SIG, for all brands, the dots seem to increase in size as their intensity increases. At 100 yards on a bright day my Trijicon RMR dots are clearly bigger than 100 yards. At 50 yards on a bright day, maybe I could reduce the dot to 1 MOA, maybe. On a dull day or at dusk, I can click those dots to a very small size. Bottom line, the brighter the dots, the bigger they seem to my eyes.

On a 50 yard max range elephant gun like a .500 Nitro double, a 3.25 MOA dot may be great!
On my .458 Win Heym double, due to the hunting situations, I killed a giraffe at 108 meters and a wildebeast at 150. I would have rather got to 30 meters on those stalks but sometimes its good to be able to reach out and say hello with 470 grains of copper!

For long shots, I click the red dot intensity down to where I can just see it clearly against the target. This gives me a more precise sight picture.

Last edited:
Without question for me I have to have the red dot down to its smallest size. I guess for me aim small miss small. The larger the dot the less accurate I shoot. Go figure

Without question for me I have to have the red dot down to its smallest size. I guess for me aim small miss small. The larger the dot the less accurate I shoot. Go figure

It is a trade off, speed vs accuracy, as long as you have the time the smaller dot will serve you well. I have an astigmatism, the dots bloom/start burst on me. They still work just not a clear dot. Found that by accident, took a picture through a RDS and seen a clear dot. Showed it to my friend and he was like yeah and? I responded that is not what I see. That lead into research on what was going on. Needless to say, I hit targets at distance, 66% silhouette target at 600 yards (think M4 platform). My eyes don't see nice round dots.

It is a trade off, speed vs accuracy, as long as you have the time the smaller dot will serve you well. I have an astigmatism, the dots bloom/start burst on me. They still work just not a clear dot. Found that by accident, took a picture through a RDS and seen a clear dot. Showed it to my friend and he was like yeah and? I responded that is not what I see. That lead into research on what was going on. Needless to say, I hit targets at distance, 66% silhouette target at 600 yards (think M4 platform). My eyes don't see nice round dots.

I have the same issues. I have used reflex/red dot sighting systems quite a bit for work and competition and always loved them. Like you, I now find certain dots bloom/starburst. (I had younger eyes and a doc explain that it is me) Some are worse than others. Newer leupold illuminated reticle scopes are some of the worst for me, especially when they are at their brightest levels. Trijicon is the clearest. For all of the illuminated reticles and red dots. lowest power on the illumination is clearest for me.

Safe shooting

I keep my Trijicon RMR dot bright enough for the worst conditions of day. When a long shot is presented, I click it down to the smallest visible brightness and size. I have shot buffalo, giraffe, wildebeast, all at 100 yards to 150 meters. Further, I snap shot two running warthogs with it.

I said Trijicon is the clearest, but I must add Leica to that as well. I have no bloom from the illuminated dot in my Leica scopes.

Safe shooting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JameShiple

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!