505 Gibbs cz 550

Woohoo!! Rifle is back home.

First, feeding seems to be good. Tried some dummy cartridges and the second cartridge picked up and fed fine. I can't remember if it was before or not, but loading 3 down and closing the bolt is a snug fit. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet so won't know for sure until then but all seems well right now.

Barrel was shortened but I must've forgot to mention to remove brake! So, it still has a removable brake but they put on their newer brake and they included a thread protector for shooting without the brake which is great because I didn't have one before. So best of both worlds. If I ever have to sell it I've got a brake but for me I can just leave thread protector on.

Gun was refinished wood and bluing and does look good. They did a fantastic job.

Altogether I'm thrilled. I am excited to go try it out especially now that I've got reloading components and some more factory ammo.

49 let's get that cannon to the range!

shame they left the brake on, but if youve got a thread protector that looks decent and stays on under recoil then you will be all right.

a important note at the range is DO NOT SHOOT IT FROM THE BENCH. shoot the rifle from shooting sticks or from off hand.

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you