500 Jeffery

What about the .577 and .600 Nitro Express ?

I also own two old DR in these two calibers but until now never used them for hunting.

These weapons are holdovers from the old days, not very practical to use among others things because this rifles are very heavy. Both cartridges but are certainly very efficient on big game.
 
I also own two old DR in these two calibers but until now never used them for hunting.

These weapons are holdovers from the old days, not very practical to use among others things because this rifles are very heavy. Both cartridges but are certainly very efficient on big game.
I now own a .600 Nitro Express too, Grand Veneur. But I never knew that sporting calibers above .500 Nitro Express were prohibited for civilian ownership in Spain.
 
Norway 12,7x99 is banned for civvies , but i have read posts of a guy who got license for ,505 Gibbs turned down, appealed,it was turned down. They are bit scared over .50 Bmg bullets, why .505 were so no one is sure of.

Some of what Jeff Cooper wrote of maybe or not read gun books with passion like its what to read on Sunday perhaps.
 
Cartridges like the 11,2x72 or the 12,7x70 from Schüler ( 500 Jeffery ) and also the cartridge 10,75x68 from Mauser, were designed to fit into a normal Mauser 98 system. There are compromises in terms of the length of the case, the deep seat of the bullets and also the rebated rim, anything that can cause problems. The cartridges 11,2x72 and 12,7x70 from Schüler, the latter in particular, are certainly better off in an Mauser Magnum System. I speak from experience because I have shot DG with all three cartridges.

Custom rifle caliber 12,7x70 Schüler built with a Mauser Magnum Action.
View attachment 483262


Just a timeless one this one. Simple and solid . Looks like a well balanced Maestro stick.
 
The rifle that Ian Sweetman is building is a 500 jeffery for sure. I know this as I know the owner of it VERY well. So well I sleep with him every night (its my rifle).
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,362
Members
169,540
Latest member
NonaG07838
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top