500 Jeffery Load 600 Grain Woodleighs

Aussie_Hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Spent some time at the reloading bench this morning, while I have the components I loaded up 22 rounds of 500 Jeffery to take on my next buffalo hunt even though it is still some time away.

600 grain Woodleigh protected points at an average velocity of 2205fps, around 6477ft/lbs at the muzzle. Should put them close to the middle of the recommended impact velocity at around 50 yards

600 Grain Woodleigh PP
Bertram Brass
Alliant RL17 Powder
Federal LMR Gold Medal Primers

Woodleigh 600 Grain PP.jpg
Woodleigh 600 Grain PP 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How did this load perform mate??

I need to find a reloader swiss or VV powder for the 570 grain load in the jeff. I have am open tub of vv n165 but vit wont give me any loads as they dont have a test barrel!! Never mind

RL17 is definitely my go to for the 500 Jeffery
Suppose I might have to go that way and see if I can my mitts on some. What sort of charge you loading? ould love to use 600grn pills but cant get them for blood, money or sperm in the UK

Spent some time at the reloading bench this morning, while I have the components I loaded up 22 rounds of 500 Jeffery to take on my next buffalo hunt even though it is still some time away.

600 grain Woodleigh protected points at an average velocity of 2205fps, around 6477ft/lbs at the muzzle. Should put them close to the middle of the recommended impact velocity at around 50 yards

600 Grain Woodleigh PP
Bertram Brass
Alliant RL17 Powder
Federal LMR Gold Medal Primers

View attachment 374710View attachment 374711
@Aussie_Hunter.
That should put some serious hurt 9n those buff. Are you sure your using enough gun.
Ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

Suppose I might have to go that way and see if I can my mitts on some. What sort of charge you loading? ould love to use 600grn pills but cant get them for blood, money or sperm in the UK
Have Bob mail you some.

Worth a try. Only problem is then I will be dependant on @Bob Nelson 35Whelen for my bib pills. He might start acting like a drug dealer and charging me more once he knows im hooked :ROFLMAO:
@norfolk shooter
What are bib pills. The only bibs I know of are what you put on a baby to catch the dribble when you feed them. I sincerely hope you haven't gone back to that stage in life. You may need a bib if you walk into the H&H shop in London tho.
I would never charge you inflated prices mate as you have to have sympathy for any one that drinks warm beer.
Let me know what bib pills are please

@norfolk shooter
What are bib pills. The only bibs I know of are what you put on a baby to catch the dribble when you feed them. I sincerely hope you haven't gone back to that stage in life. You may need a bib if you walk into the H&H shop in London tho.
I would never charge you inflated prices mate as you have to have sympathy for any one that drinks warm beer.
Let me know what bib pills are please
H&H have moved now I wasn't happy when I found out. Anyway it was me being a bad speller I meant big pills as in the 600 grainers mate. I dont mind warm beer on cold days but tent to go cold beer on warm days (not that we get many at the mo).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you