460 WBY Weatherby Custom For Sale

Discussion in 'Free Classifieds' started by Bullthrower338, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Moosemind

Moosemind AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Alaska
    I totally agree on the devastating damage caused by big fast bullets at close range. I've seen it many times with my 460.

Mike Van Horn and Von S. like this.

2. Hillbilly Marine

Hillbilly Marine AH Member

That is one gorgeous rifle. Back in the day when I was bulletproof, swift, silent, and deadly I had a friend with a .460. We got drunk one night and we shot the better part of five boxes up killing a great big rock. It didn't hurt so bad under the medicinal effects of Glenfiddich but the pain of the massive bruise that covered my entire right side from check to hip took effect the next morning, just in time for the Sergeant Major to make me feel really bad.
    My limit now is further down the scale with my. 416 Rigby being just about the limit. I can take the big shove but those fast kickers like the. 460 just plain hurt!

Tra3 and BenKK like this.

3. Ray B

Ray B AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Seems to me the solution for cartridges such as the 460 is a good handloading bench. It can be loaded with lighter loads of powder and bullet for extensive familiarization and function testing, then increasing the load until personal maximums are reached. One thing I have notices is that when I'm shooting at an animal I've felt no recoil with cartridges up to full load 375 H&Hs, so in a situation where a Cape buffalo has the larger part of your attention, the least of your concerns will be how much the rifle is going to recoil and with all of the muscle memory developed through the use of lighter loads and much range time you should have great results.

Pheroze and Hillbilly Marine like this.