WillHuntMT
New member
- Joined
- Sep 23, 2026
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 1
Hello All!
I am looking into solids for an upcoming 2027 Safari for my 458 win mag. After talking to my PH he recommended 460-480 grain solids for the Win mag. As I’m doing an elephant hunt , penetration is key. I’ve seen lots of 450 grain and 500 grain solids. I have seen the cutting edge raptor in 470 grains but looks like it’s more of a soft. Any suggestions on bullets or weights?
I am looking into solids for an upcoming 2027 Safari for my 458 win mag. After talking to my PH he recommended 460-480 grain solids for the Win mag. As I’m doing an elephant hunt , penetration is key. I’ve seen lots of 450 grain and 500 grain solids. I have seen the cutting edge raptor in 470 grains but looks like it’s more of a soft. Any suggestions on bullets or weights?