.458 Win Mag Rifle Identification?

JRMan

New member
Joined
Apr 17, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I appreciate any help I can get identifying this rifle. I would appear to be a Belgian Browning .458 Win Mag? It is stamped .458 B.BLINDEE. I can't seem to find any other rifle photos on the internet similar to it. This one does not have the normal 1-2 crossbolts that are in every other Browning .458 Win Mag I have seen. There is no visible serial number or import markings. There are Belgian proof marks but they are the extent of the markings which are all on one part of the rifle barrel. The rifling looks sharp and the scope is an old 2 3/4X Redfield in excellent condition. Any idea of the make, model or year of manufacture? This is a rifle I just acquired and am looking forward to shooting it. The bolt action is very smooth and all parts of the rifle looks to be in very good condition. It is a very heavy gun with a thick barrel which I would expect from a gun of this caliber. I have attached multiple photos in hopes that someone knows what it is. Thank you for your help.

4-17-2021 10-14-59 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-18-55 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-19-50 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-20-25 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-24-51 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-25-19 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-30-54 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-31-08 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-31-20 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-31-35 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-31-46 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-31-58 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-32-08 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-32-21 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-32-35 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-32-50 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-33-02 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-33-14 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-33-25 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-33-36 PM.png
4-17-2021 10-33-50 PM.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Apparently B. Blindee is French for jacketed ball ammo according to the link above. I have seen other rifles so marked.
A custom rifle of average quality workmanship. Might find other ID markings under the wood.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 8.48.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 8.48.15 AM.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 231
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 8.48.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 8.48.16 AM.png
    3 MB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Thank you sir! I think "custom rifle" covers all the bases.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,413
Messages
1,575,384
Members
170,304
Latest member
FelipaKwan
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top