450 Ackley build using a Zastava

Just extra information on reloading for the 450ACKLEY using 500 grs bullets and Fed215
i have been using imr 4895 with excellent results with a maximum charge of 90.0 grs i chronographed Ohler-35 2,430fps but the recoild is significant so I have been using 88.0 grs and mv of 2,362 fpbs with 23'' bbl more manageble recoil.
I would have to say that plenty of energy for any dangerous game its actually 6,200 FT/LBS ME.
This past august 2022 i shot two buffalo with excellent results the first one required a second shot to bring down and the second buffalo was taken with a single shot 500 grs hornady DGS right through his left shoulder and heart luns only ran about 60 yrds .
I also have taken water buffalo with the same load using only hornady DGX with a 75 yrds shot quatering away went head down into the mud gave him a second follow up right should semi quater and rolled over dead on the spot.

I think the 458 is on a standard length action. The 375's have been enlarged by the manufacturer. If you don't want to do action work then the 375 with a new barrel may be a good start.
I have a Zastava 375 its marked 375 underneath, i beleive its modified for the longer cartridge, the 458 being shorter may not be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!