4457 Process?

you had me at Major International Hub (why it's so easy to fly in/out w/ guns there!) why the rest of us do it. I'd rather not lose a vehicle like friends at EWR. I've done a LOT of work in Newark and glad I'm still alive to tell about it. Not a big fan of the 5 boroughs, either, but JFK is at the very beginning of a nice, oceanside place. Never a problem. Yes, it takes 2.5 hours to get there in the pre-dawn, but I hire a local driver. Roads are fine, as I still drive on 'em to LI. NEVER a problem with law enforcement at JFK-all super nice to us.

you had me at Major International Hub (why it's so easy to fly in/out w/ guns there!) why the rest of us do it. I'd rather not lose a vehicle like friends at EWR. I've done a LOT of work in Newark and glad I'm still alive to tell about it. Not a big fan of the 5 boroughs, either, but JFK is at the very beginning of a nice, oceanside place. Never a problem. Yes, it takes 2.5 hours to get there in the pre-dawn, but I hire a local driver. Roads are fine, as I still drive on 'em to LI. NEVER a problem with law enforcement at JFK-all super nice to us.

We're going to just have to agree to disagree here. I would rather sit in the airport for a 2 hour delay at EWR than sit in 2, 4, even 5 hours traffic traffic getting to JFK. I don't know where you are getting 2.5 hours from. It used to take me 2.5 hours from 10 miles outside the GW in NJ at 5am in the morning to see my client. You're either going over the GW, through the Lincoln or Holland, or going over Outerbridge or Goethals. No matter what, you're crossing the river and that's where problems start.

Realistically, both stink. I'd rather deal with NJ police than NYPD if I am pulled over with my cased firearm. You realize you only now can barely own a gun in the 5 boroughs? By barely I mean still need to apply for a permit and it takes over a year. And they will still probably arrest you.

Once again, sometimes you just have to fly out of JFK so that's that. And I never take my car to any airport. That's the first mistake. Car service for me but once again, I am only 45 min from EWR with no traffic. JFK this summer we are getting a car service back. Even if it costs $250 it's better than paying that in parking AND having someone beat your car to holy hell in the lot.

over the fmr Tappan-Zee and down any one of the parkways to the Whitestone and on to JFK. 2.5 hrs leaving at 5'ish from the intersection of NY/NJ/PA. Sneaking in from the N and avoiding a lot of BS. It would take the same amount of time to get stuck in traffic on the GWB (closer). 2 hr 18 min (101.3 mi) via I-84 E

I feel for y’all in the big airports, my first flight is out of Pensacola Florida about 45 minutes away then a quick hours flight to Atlanta and I don’t see my rifle again until Johanasburg after handing it off in Pensacola.

I feel for y’all in the big airports, my first flight is out of Pensacola Florida about 45 minutes away then a quick hours flight to Atlanta and I don’t see my rifle again until Johanasburg after handing it off in Pensacola.
Will be flying out of PNS again on 13 June to JNB. 4457s signed off this morning by PNS CBP, never an issue with those guys. (y)

I thought the 4457 was good for one year from the date it was signed. I did mine this past December as I was close and did not know if I would be there again before leaving this April. funny thing is Mr X got the SAPS approval 2 months ago with nothing said about the date on the 4457 being December 2022, I hope I do not have to get another one, leaving in 9 days
The new form 4457 no longer have an expiration date. Good to go!

all the downloadable versions I am finding have the signature area marked out with a big x--Can we no longer have them filled out before we get there at CBP, or I am doing something wrong on this side?

Try this one:

Attachments

• CBP Form 4457.pdf
    859.1 KB · Views: 60
all the downloadable versions I am finding have the signature area marked out with a big x--Can we no longer have them filled out before we get there at CBP, or I am doing something wrong on this side?
Did you try and print them? I remember the X but my printed without it.

I was correct. When you actually print form it does not print the Xs. I don’t have an explanation, but you can print the form from online fine even though it shows X on the computer.
FB1F35C5-E429-497A-B505-0DD370D63107.png
CE1E8146-71B5-4660-8AA6-F6CE1B4819D7.jpeg

thank you very much!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross