416 Rigby Norma Brass Rim Difference

Jon R15

AH senior member
Joined
Jul 25, 2013
Messages
77
Reaction score
119
Location
SoDak
Media
5
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
MOZ, RSA
I am starting to reload some 416 Rigby ammo for my Dakota 76 and noticed a difference in the Norma brass that I bought new in 2003. Some of the rims are beveled and some are not. Is one better then the other? I have some new Norma brass and some factory loaded Federal Premium and they are all beveled.


IMG_2365.jpeg
IMG_2362.jpeg
IMG_2364.jpeg
 
I bought some Jamison 416 Rigby brass some years ago that weren't beveled. If you dropped a round into the chamber you couldn't close the bolt. The extractor would not slip over the rim. Sent them back and they beveled them and they worked fine.

Paul K
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,574,046
Members
169,889
Latest member
flavbemonra1988
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top