.416 Rigby - Load data needed

deewayne2003

AH legend
Joined
Jan 27, 2020
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
13,021
Location
Texan living in exile
Media
35
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
2
Well I put down a deposit on my first .416 Rigby and I'm in need of good load data and any advice you elder statesmen of this caliber may have to offer.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 10.16.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 10.16.37 AM.png
    646.1 KB · Views: 401
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 10.16.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 10.16.39 AM.png
    838.1 KB · Views: 389
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 10.16.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 10.16.40 AM.png
    769.9 KB · Views: 464
Last edited by a moderator:
Deewayne, what weight bullet are you going to use?
I have settled on the 430 gn Rhino solid shank and 430gn Northfork solids. Reckon that should take on anything I should see in the bush.
 
Fortunately there are many good loads for this caliber. Mine is 92 Gr. of H 4350 pushing a 400 Gr. swift A frame at 2400 FPS. This isn't a max load but it is very accurate in my rifle.
 
Deewayne, what weight bullet are you going to use?
I have settled on the 430 gn Rhino solid shank and 430gn Northfork solids. Reckon that should take on anything I should see in the bush.

Not sure, haven't even began the R&D phase - still gathering supplies; as I like to test different bullets before deciding on my final load.
 
400gr North Fork SS @ 3.65" oal, GM215M, 95gr's +/- RL-22, 2370f/s +/-, CZ 550
 
Which bullets do you want to use? Which propellants are available for you?
With this informations it´s easier to provide load data.

Btw.: on the Nosler and Hodgdon homepages you´ll find load data
 
Which bullets do you want to use? Which propellants are available for you?
With this informations it´s easier to provide load data.

Btw.: on the Nosler and Hodgdon homepages you´ll find load data

I'm still load testing and rounding up bullets to try out..... as for propellants - I live in Texas U.S.A. so if its available in America I can generally get my hands on it.
 
First of all, my compliments on your choice of caliber. I have the same on a CZ 550, and it performed spectacularly last year in Tanzania! Here are the loads I worked up: 400gr Swift A-Frame, 95gr H-4831, 2323fps. I also used 95gr of h-4831 on my 400gr Barnes Banded Solids.

Happy shooting!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,338
Members
169,339
Latest member
MartinaHew
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top