.416 Rigby H4831SC Load data

hoguer

AH senior member
Joined
Nov 11, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
362
Media
94
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tajikistan, Argentina, Spain, New Zealand
Todays testing with my Dakota Arms M76 Safari

416 Rigby 400gr Nosler Solids H4831SC Hornady Brass F215M 3.750” COAL
96.0-2298
96.5-2330
97.0-2344
97.5-2349
98.0-2363
98.5-2382
99.0- didn’t read
99.5- didn’t read
100.0-2411
100.5-2424
101.0-2443
101.5-2462


416 Rigby 350gr TSX H4831SC Hornady Brass F215M 3.750” COAL
98.0-2347
98.5-2388
99.0-2387
99.5-2407
100.0-2423
100.5-2439
101.0-2454
101.5-2464
102.0-2475
102.5-2503
103.0-2511
103.5-2518
104.0-2525
104.5-2549
105.0-2573
 
Todays testing with my Dakota Arms M76 Safari

416 Rigby 400gr Nosler Solids H4831SC Hornady Brass F215M 3.750” COAL
96.0-2298
96.5-2330
97.0-2344
97.5-2349
98.0-2363
98.5-2382
99.0- didn’t read
99.5- didn’t read
100.0-2411
100.5-2424
101.0-2443
101.5-2462


416 Rigby 350gr TSX H4831SC Hornady Brass F215M 3.750” COAL
98.0-2347
98.5-2388
99.0-2387
99.5-2407
100.0-2423
100.5-2439
101.0-2454
101.5-2464
102.0-2475
102.5-2503
103.0-2511
103.5-2518
104.0-2525
104.5-2549
105.0-2573

Funny,
I just started my workup using H4831 for my Dakota76 416 Rigby. I am using 400 grain aframes. I got 2250’s with 95 grains and 2300 or a hair less with 97 grains. Sd and Ed single digit. Was accurate. Going to load some more and practice but I think I found my load.
 
Funny,
I just started my workup using H4831 for my Dakota76 416 Rigby. I am using 400 grain aframes. I got 2250’s with 95 grains and 2300 or a hair less with 97 grains. Sd and Ed single digit. Was accurate. Going to load some more and practice but I think I found my load.
Go faster!
Im settling on the 103.5gr 2518fps load for the 350s and 100.2gr approx 2415fps load for the 400s
 
Go faster!
Im settling on the 103.5gr 2518fps load for the 350s and 100.2gr approx 2415fps load for the 400s

I might, but I think 2300 will be enough. I’m going to load up 20 and see how accurate they are. I’ve only shot a few so far but they were accurate. Thanks
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,281
Members
169,994
Latest member
platinumlosssolutions
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top