416 Remington reload info

My advice for the 416 RM is stick with loads that are around 2350 fps. No need for more, and it's easily reached with the powders listed in most manuals. I use 77gr of Varget behind a Swift A-frame and get around 2350 in warm temps. Extremely accurate as well.
I shot a Buffalo with a full frontal shot, and the bullet ended up in the rear intestines. Absolutely devastating.

Norma 203B has been an excellent performer for me in the .416 Remington and .404 Jeffery.

My chronograph results are hiding in some dark place as its been a number of years, but I was working at 2350 to 2400 plus a bit with all those loads...I worked out those loads in my 416 Rem mod. 70 Win. custom and my 404 Mauser custom rifle...I challenge the BS about RL-and most any powder being temp sensitive....I cooked guns on the hood of my pickup for hours in 110 to 120 degree temps for 2 to 3 hours and never could raise the ugly head of temp sensitive...???? I can only go with my opinion, but there is a world of experts out there making claims that are unsubstantiated these days..so I take a lot of claims with a grain of salt and suggest folks try them before accepting them as fact, and the world of the double gun is the most abused..Many Africans have looked me in the eye and claimed Africa is hotter than anyplace in the USA, well guess what?, they have never been on the Texas, New Mexico and Arizona on the old Mexico border in July and August where temps rise to 120 or more at times..

I was reading an older thread on 416 RM loads when I came across this one. Has anyone loaded 300gr bullets for their 416 RM?

I was reading an older thread on 416 RM loads when I came across this one. Has anyone loaded 300gr bullets for their 416 RM?
I have tried some with unsatisfactory accuracy. 350 gr was lightest I could get to group. 400gr shoot best and about all I use anymore. I have a partial box of 350 GR grand slams if you want to try them.

I have tried some with unsatisfactory accuracy. 350 gr was lightest I could get to group. 400gr shoot best and about all I use anymore. I have a partial box of 350 GR grand slams if you want to try them.
what's your load data for the 350gr?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross