416 and .375 bullets. Help!

Rtsj

AH veteran
Joined
May 12, 2021
Messages
136
Reaction score
334
Media
10
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Have a pile of bullets I’m never gonna end up loading. I’m keeping the TBBC, and the woodleigh weldcores but want to sell the rest. All of it together in 1 box but have no clue how to price it. Could I get some ideas what it’s worth fellas? I appreciate any help. Now that I think about it I got a bunch of 375 stuff I’ll probably cut as well. Just don’t shoot the big stuff that much and gonna be quite awhile before I get back to africa with 3 kids in college and 1 more 15 year old heading there soon enough.


Thanks
Roy.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Roy,

All of your excess bullets would be great for practice! Most would not be my choice for an African hunt considering the advances in bullet technology. The older Barnes were great in their day but have been overshadowed by newer TSX. Same for the old FMJ and RN. Great for busting caps at the practice range!

That stated look at the prices on ammoseek dot com


For all your bullets together, around 1000 in .416 and almost 500 in .375, you might get 50 cents a piece. That's $750 for all which will be hard may be too much for an old bullet collection... 1000 .416 bullets is a lifetime supply for most. Maybe for two or three shooters! At $500 someone will grab them!

Split them into small batches and price them higher. Try .416 batch, or just the old Barnes.416....

You could try to sell the TSX or other premium bullets at 70%.

If the .375 Swift A Frames are not available currently, try for retail price.

Good luck!
 
Last edited:
Are the Hornady .416 caliber round nosed FMJ solids steel jacketed ?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,342
Messages
1,573,453
Members
169,749
Latest member
LeoraBoelk
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top