375 H&H load data using Superformance powder

@NTX
What new cartridges is it listed for use in and with what weight projectiles.
When I use Wayne Blackwell load from a disc it list a lot more loads than hornaday and with heavier projectiles. Strange thing is if you alter the COAL it no longer lists superformance which I find strange.
My experimenting with superformance and with a lot of research I have found cases that use H4831SC are also suitable candidates for the use of superformance BUT DONT TAKE THIS AS GOSPEL as it is my observation.
I also used CFE223 in the 270 I had with 110gn Hornady V Max and got outstanding velocities at what appeared to be lower pressure and outstanding accuracy. Velocities of 3,300 fps and consistent less than 0.5 inch groups using a Stevens/ Savage 200.
Bob
The one that first caught my attention was the .30-06 data for 200+ gr projectiles. Very impressive
 
Good, suitable powders may be expensive and hard to find but if I were loading serious 375 HH ammo for hunting with your bullet weights I would use something in the Varget to H4350 range. Currently I have enough of both as they been my primary powders for a long time. I think Hodgdon sells directly for about $61-62/lb plus a hefty hazmat shipping. I just checked and you can get 2 lbs for about $185 total shipped. 2 lbs should load somewhere around 180-200 rounds (or about $1 a shot for powder) . Expensive- yes. But both are some the best temperature insensitive powders for serious 375 HH loads and quite a few other cartridges.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,242
Members
169,512
Latest member
ciathornresle1975
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top