.375 Epstein?

I'm guessing someone had a good sense of humor (same time period). To (the other) Epstein! American actor best known for his portrayal of high school student Juan Epstein on the 1970s American sitcom Welcome Back, Kotter and as detective Manny Esposito on the 1980s American crime drama Cagney & Lacey. He was the cousin of famous lead singer Jon Bon Jovi. The cartridge is just as entertaining as Epstein!
1655262508539.png

Well if it exceeds the the velocity of the .375H-H with the same Projectile then it should excel in Africa.

But myself im not into Wildcats but it's still interesting.

I have a friend with a 375/338 and talks highly of it. I think he forms his brass from 338s, as you can. The only downside I can see if you ever head to Africa is finding brass with the Epstrein head stamp in case someone in the police or Customs checks headstamps on your ammo. It hasn't happened to me, but it does happen.

Last edited:
OMT. If you love (the) Epstein, but the gun deal gets hung-up, consider doing this w/ the 375 variant... "Reports from various internet gunboards indicate that shooters and gunsmiths are rebarreling Browning BAR .338 Winchester Magnum rifles with .416 Taylor barrels thereby creating semi-automatic hunting rifles in a true dangerous game caliber.[3]" I don't want one, but I want You to have one! And We want to see the videos!!!
Pretty sure they aren't legal to take to Africa though. (I could be wrong)

Semis are legal. Full auto is not. But, anything that smacks of a military weapon is going to cause headaches w/ the airport po-po. Better hire "riflepermits.com." LOL They'll send a college gal out to whisk it right through for $100....I am absolutely NOT a fan of semis in hunting, other than for waterfowl, and even then typically use an O/U.

Saw the title and could not resist. Think the 375 Clinton has a better barrel life...
Well nobody's going to line up to testify against that claim...
Can't help myself either!...
Best propellant to use for reloading this cartridge is " Lolita Express #42"
;)
Ohh I've read the specs. They say it heats up the barrel quickly and finishes combustion in the first six inches, but doesn't seal the case mouth properly and stains like you wouldn't believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg