Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I love Thunderbeast Arms suppressors. So much so that I did a video of the Ultra 5. I have always wanted a quality .375 suppressor for hunting But there seems to be few on the market. I contacted Thunderbeast and they said they could make a run of Dominus (7", Titanium) in .375 if there was enough interest.
Please let me know if you would be interested in ordering such a suppressor.

Regards,
Philip

I love Thunderbeast Arms suppressors. So much so that I did a video of the Ultra 5. I have always wanted a quality .375 suppressor for hunting But there seems to be few on the market. I contacted Thunderbeast and they said they could make a run of Dominus (7", Titanium) in .375 if there was enough interest.
Please let me know if you would be interested in ordering such a suppressor.

Regards,
Philip

What are the specs on the dominus? Decibel reduction/weight?

HH

Philip,
I’d be very interested.
Thanks
Dan

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 7.13.11 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 7.13.11 AM Large.jpeg
    332.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 7.13.14 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 7.13.14 AM Large.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 7.13.18 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 7.13.18 AM Large.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 130
AB supressors out of Kansas City ks. Makes a 375 can. You can YouTube them.

Just remember to hand in your man card with the order!

Very true but my wife needs this to shoot DG as previous health issues make it a little to much for her.

HH

Trust me I would also be ragging on a man card carrying gent that showed up to camp suppressed. Either way still need one for the wife and willing to take a little grief for her comfort.
Cheers!

HH

Why are suppressed 375s looked down upon? Genuinely curious as I am new to the 375 world

I like to shoot suppressed whenever I can since Ive lost alot of hearing in the usmc

I have 5 years of hearing loss from my Navy helicopter search and rescue and door gunner days. Not to mention hunting and shooting for 40+ years.
My hearing isn't really bad yet (unless you ask my wife) but i'd like to preserve as much as i can.
I'm looking at the blaser R8 with a 300 win mag and 375 H&H - I'm VERY interested in the integral suppressor barrels.

I don't want to rudely sidetrack the thread but in general I'd be very interested to hear how much noise and how much recoil are reduced on a 375 H&H on the cans listed above and/or the Blaser barrels.

ps - I don't mind campfire ribbing about a can as long as they don't cry when i mess with them about their E. Hemmingway, Sean Connery, and Robert Redford look alike custom hats. :)

Ball park cost?

The last Dominus I purchased was 1330.00 the last Gen 2 338 was 1930.00. I think it would fall in between the two. Only speculation on my part if this is a custom run. The Dominus is great on 300WM, that said a 375h&h will have more volume of gas to deal with.

I like the idea, unfortunately I can't see myself threading my R8 barrel for one. That said depending on the cost, a 375 Raptor is not out of the question.

As far as man cards go, you can have all mine if it makes you feel better about yourself. I would rather preserve the hearing I have left than hold a man card that never bought me a thing. My .02

Most people who hunt a lot, when they first use a suppressor, will end up buying one. The newer, shorter ones are very functional.

As for recoil reduction: 30-40% reduction is a safe bet. But, the reduced noise will help even more for better accuracy.
If I still had a man card, I’d happily give it up for less noise. Alas, I think I gave up my man card many years ago.
This reminds me of a saying: “there is no tough, there is only trained and untrained.”

Why are suppressed 375s looked down upon? Genuinely curious as I am new to the 375 world

I like to shoot suppressed whenever I can since Ive lost alot of hearing in the usmc
Ignorance I suppose. I wish it would not derail the thread however.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you looked at the Bowers Group VERS 375?

Seems to get good reviews.. ready for "safari" calibers off the shelf, etc..

Im looking at big bore suppressor options now.. but needing something in .458 (.458 SOCOM would be the primary rifle it would be used on)... If/when I purchase something, I may consider getting an adaptor so that I could use the same suppressor on my 416, 375, and 358 caliber rifles..

I dont know that I'd bother using a suppressor on any of those calibers to hunt in Africa.. but I can certainly see application for hunting in NA with any/all of those calibers suppressed..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarinTill6

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.